Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 4, 2013
The book is great. It has good examples and is easy to read. It covers all the topics in depth and the material is easy to follow and understand. I was required to purchase this book for a college class, and I found it a great addition to the daily lecture notes. The Web Study Guide was disappointing. It is more of a resource for doing the activities in the book (probably if the teacher wanted to assign them). The chapter quizzes were pathetic. For chapters that were 20-30 textbook pages long, the accompanying chapter quiz would only be 5 questions. Additionally, those questions were typically extremely easy and not comprising of the main topics/key words of the chapter, making it essentially useless as a study material for tests. Overall, for a great read on the basic ideas of sport/exercise psychology, get this book. Unless you know you will be assigned the activities in the book, save your money and avoid the web study guide.
on March 5, 2016
as an Assistant professor I read this book and decided to teach it to my students. and for 4 continues semesters and now the 5th I find this book the best I have come to know as a suitable undergraduate text book. very organized , very systematic, and very clear in delivering concepts and principles. in fact I have purchased the 6th edition and will start delivering it to my students soon.
put in mind that I am an Arab and teaching this book to non native English speaking students (University of Bahrain, Middle East), so for native English speaking students the joy should be more.

I highly recommend this book.
on February 14, 2013
Textbooks aren't always the most entertaining; however, I loved this textbook. The information is great, and it is delivered in a understandable and clear manner. More importantly, there are plenty of examples, pictures, charts, and activities which strengthen the material.
on February 23, 2016
I am a college student looking to study Sport Psychology. Great book to pick up if you want to learn the basics. Only reason I give it a 4/5 is because I don't own it anymore, so I cannot go too in-depth of my review.
on August 4, 2015
I haven't read much of the book as yet however, I have skimmed through it as a preview. It appears to have all the information that I need to satisfy my requirements for certification in the near future.
on August 15, 2013
i studied with dr. gould when he was writing this book!
i remember picking up the unfinished product in an unbound form and in a box!
i enjoyed his class so much that i wanted to buy the finished copy.
it is very helpful and insightful
on September 3, 2013
I bought the Kindle version and it was a lot cheaper this way. I like how I can change the background color to either black, white, or tan. The material was interesting but there were time when they dove into topic that are a no-brainer. I especially like the chapters about motivations and exercise adherence.
on February 8, 2013
The best thing about these Kindle type books is the search feature. If you type the word you are looking for and then, all of the times that word or phrase is in the book appears at a seconds reach. Bad thing is that you cannot copy, paste nothing or print any information which sucks.
on January 22, 2013
I just started readying the first chapter, and so far so good! I have a wonderful teacher that explains the concepts in ways that make the information worth reading! Thanks for making such a wonderful deal. Means a lot to better my education.
on November 21, 2012
The book explains principles that could be applied by beginning to expert athletes. The psychological principles taught seem to ring true not only in sport but in all areas of life.