Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 4, 2012
Skylanders Giants is a little more complicated to go through without this guide than the Spyro's Adventure version of the game. It may not get you to 100% completion, but it will help with going to bed at a more reasonable hour. It is a reasonable investment for around $13.00. Giant's has a lot more puzzles and card games to do within each level, which means more time to complete. You get a detailed Charactered Profile page including upgrades and strategy, the overview map of the level, where all of the Legendary Treasures are, the Story Scrolls, the Hats, the sequences for the Lock Puzzles, the items in Auric's store for the level and your opponents hand in Skystones(the new card game). This book does include some new information on Quests. All Skylanders have 9 quests you can choose to complete. There are unique special quests for each skylander, universal quests and elemental quests. It doesn't list all the quests in the chapter dedicated to quests but it does list how to achieve the elemental quests. You can actually find the skylanders individual "Special Quest" on their own personal summary page. It lists the ownership accolades, the achievement accolades, the hats and what increases they give you(for the most part). I've run across one hat that wasn't included in the summary chapter but it was included in the overview of the level and how to find it. It also describes Brock's arena challenges and Auric's items available in his store within their own chapters. One of the biggest tips that it gives you is where to find the 4 Luck-O-Tron wheels. They are pretty hard to come by on your own and provide bonuses or boost your Skylanders' abilities. For your money you get a lot of help for the many challenges that you will face.
on February 27, 2013
The Kindle edition of this book is impossible to read. You can't enlarge the text or the page, and the font is so tiny that it's practically illegible. My son loves using my Kindle Fire, and I thought that the convenience of downloading the book would offset the fact that you can't get the stickers. Wrong!
Now, I'm off to buy a "real" copy of the book, and I'm out the 9.99 that I just wasted on the e-book.
on December 29, 2012
I purchased this book in Kindle edition for my son whose become addicted to Skylander's. Well upon buying we used it to it's fullest, but once the tablet ran out of power it was no longer usable. My phone screen is to small to read without having to zoom in. So I thought, "hey I can use Calibre to resize font and maybe even print out a few pages". Be aware that this is a DRM (Digital Rights Management) format book! Which mean all you can pretty much do is flip pages and zoom. No re-sizing of font, book marking, or even printing pages. Which makes for a headache if you have 9 year old that want's to use the map's for the levels but then switch back to the character page of his Skylander. Since it doesn't support bookmarks. Hints why I wanted to convert and print out pages of the book I had thought I bought the right's to use how ever I see fit. Guess I was wrong, not saying I don't approve of DRM publisher's or content. Just wish it was made public to me, or put on the purchasing page, or in the description of this item, so that I would have bought the actual physical copy instead. At least then I could scan the pages I want quick access to, or free up my tablet for use other than a one page at a time viewing screen.
on November 19, 2012
Bought this for my son who loves skylanders. He has the first guide for the original game and found it helpful. He said this guide is useful too, as he found quite a few places he otherwise couldn't find it himself. He also likes to compare the powers between figures from the listing in the guide and use them appropriately in different settings. He just finished all levels tonight and is pretty proud of himself!
on November 19, 2012
great job on this book - very helpful -- if you need more help I have tons of Skylanders videos on YouTube so check 'em out!
on March 17, 2014
The Giants strategy guide is helpful as I looked at it in the store but chose to purchase from Amazon since I'm a prime customer. I received the guide and was anxious to open it and wrap it for my nephews birthday party. When I opened it it smelled like an ash tray! This came from the Amazon warehouse! Apparently, they allow smoking in the warehouse. The guide would not air out...I tried that. The smell of cigarettes was all over my hands and not pleasant. I don't mind people who smoke but I honestly don't expect to receive items smelling of cigarettes from Amazon. That said I will not be renewing my membership since it's going up to $99 a year and oh yeah they charge a restocking fee for returned items. Very frustrating.
on October 26, 2012
While this book is much more complete than the previous Brady Games Manual for Skylanders; Spyro's Adventure, It is still lacking quite a bit of information. Some may be my expectations, while others are obvious flaws. I would expect a manual to include the information for 100% completion as registered by the game system. This book will NOT get you there. The game lists an Acolade of "Collect 85 Hats", But this manual only lists how to obtain 75 of them leaving you to figure out the rest. I would have liked to have seen a Skystone listing instead of having to page through the entire book to find the information. And some magic items are missing (Dragonfire cannon). Some store specific items are included (Legendary's, Granite Crusher, while others go missing (Golden Dragonfire cannon, Glow in the dark cynder, Skylanders Sidekicks) all with different ingame effects. Pass on this book and find the information online where it is just as available as what is included here.
on January 15, 2015
My son (age 5) is OBSESSED with these strategy books. We have to read them constantly. While he is playing, at dinner, at the doctor's office, at bedtime. They are written in a fun manner that he enjoys (albeit they have some typos and could use a good tech writer to write a bit more efficiently and clearly.) The pictures are great.
on December 28, 2012
I gave this to my 9-year old grandson for part of his Christmas. He was very excited when he opened it. He is smart and a good reader so I hope it turns out to be interesting and helpful for him. It is a rather thick book with lots of words and probably a higher reading level, but he loves all things SKYLANDERS and I'm sure he will at least enjoy the pictures. I got a much better price on this book from Amazon than offered at Wal-Mart. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys Skylanders and wants to learn more about them.
on September 11, 2013
I bought this for my 10 year old autistic cousin to encourage him to read some more and he loves it! He (with some help from his parents) read through each part where he needed help and finally beat the game! He loves looking at the pictures and telling people who don't play the game who the characters are and what they do. It's great!