Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 30, 2013
I bought this as a textbook for a class I was taking on school and community health. Some concepts in this textbook were difficult to understand after only having taken one introduction to health education class. However, the book cites plenty of resources and references. I have used other books by McKenzie and find him to be a great author.
on January 6, 2013
Very definitive, clearly differentiating "community health" from "public health" , the former being more practically applied and the latter being a discipline with global implications. The text is thoughtfully comprehensive, giving more relevance to the health needs of local communities and providing instructive ways of engaging citizens to proactively find practical solutions to a myriad of community health problems. Harrison Y. Smith, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus
on November 13, 2013
I'm using this book currently for a Public Health course. I love how it explains the history of the beginning of a certain health laws in the United States and what it has manifested to at the present. Love this book and would recommend it to anyone just starting off in the Public Health field.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
This is an easy reader and very organized how the chapters are synchronized and outlined. It was shipped to me before the first delivery date provided which was a good thing an it came to me fitting the condition description which was excellent.
on October 14, 2013
The delivery was fast and the book was in perfect condition. The content of this book is good for someone new to public health or community health.
on September 14, 2013
This has a lot of important information for my college level health class but in my opinion the writing is terrible. The author does a poor job of using punctuation and there are way too many run on sentences. When there are a lot if things that need to be listed, instead of using bullet points or a separate list he will list them all within a sentence using commas. This makes the lists go on for an entire page. His use of vocabulary and sentence structure is extremely repetitive to say the least. In summary, the writing seems like it hasn't been read before publishing.
on January 7, 2012
Either I am too far along in my education or this book is a bit on the boring side. I think they need to put in color images and make it more fun to learn around the endless statistics. But still a nice comprehensive book.
on January 31, 2013
It doesn't match up because the graphs and grids are out of place. It looks good, but I'm a little behind in class because I have to flip so far ahead to find a certain page then go back.
on November 3, 2015
This book provided me with all the information that I ever needed and it
saved me alot of money for my
community health course
Thanks Amazon your the best
on October 29, 2012
It was as expected. Really interesting and well illustrated book. It came on time. Very satisfied with my purchase. I would recommend this book to public health majors.