When Heaven Invades Earth
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$13.96 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 3, 2004
Format: Paperback
I read a lot, and I read a lot of Christian books. I have never read a book like this one. It is well organized and easy to read, and for those who are scholarly, its conclusions are well documented and supported with Scripture. I read it with longing, and I read it with hope. If you are tired of living your Christian life as a practical agnostic, Bill Johnson shows the way for you to live in a different way. The only reason we believers are left here on this earth is to express the love, compassion, and good news of the Gospel with the people we interact with on a daily basis. Just as Jesus healed the sick, cast out demons, and did other things supernaturally, so too can we. "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12.
on July 9, 2004
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This book is one of a kind. Pastor Johnson is humble when he preaches and powerful when he writes. I actually started slowing down while reading because I didn't want the book to end. I wished I had been taking notes the whole time so I could tape all the POWERFUL statements up all over my house. The book is full of miracle encounters with their church in California and powerful scriptural truths. It reintroduced me to my Father's true nature. I was blessed to see Pastor Johnson preach and more blessed when he prayed for me. I got to see the principles he writes about manifested in the total healing of nerve damage in my arm and in the complete disappearance of a kidney mass. (All medically documented.) Our God is awesome! You'll love every page of this book....It's balanced and full of truth. But you may want to order two or three!
on December 6, 2005
Format: Paperback
To those who would contend that the teaching in this book is false, the Kingdom of God is not ultimately set up to appeal to the human intellect, but to point back to the Father, whose system of logic transcends ours.

Many of the actions Jesus took when He walked the earth were intended to offend the natural mind of the Pharisees. "The Kingdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God, to the pulling down of strongholds."

When we place total reliance on the teachings of others in lieu of an individual Spirit-led understanding of the Scriptures, we unknowingly adopt the same attitude the Israelites took on when they chose to let Moses discern God's voice for them.

Is this to say that we should abandon our historical understanding of Scripture? No. It is to say that theology is merely a human guide for understanding the Scriptures and not intended to replace the study of them. The Holy Spirit is the One the Father has ordained to bring the written word to life, and it is the inspiration (or breath, if you will) of God through the Spirit (rhema) that brings the understanding of the written word (logos). (Incidentally, the Greek word for "word" when describing the sword of the Spirit in Ehpesians 6 is "rhema," not "logos.")

As a Charismatic believer (if that is cultic to some, I'm sorry you feel that way), even I had to mull over much of what Bill Johnson wrote in this book. I was especially caught off guard with the statement, "Most people repent enough to get saved, but not enough to see the Kingdom." However, upon taking on the role of the Berean and considering this statement in light of Scripture ("analogy of faith" is the seminarian term for this), God revealed that I had been too focused on the natural realm by relying on my own understanding, and that I should repent of this God-limiting mindset by allowing Him to provide further revelation.

Again, God is not bound by our theology. His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. To enter and experience the Kingdom in action, I must approach it as a child, and not deceive myself by thinking that my M. Div. or Th. D. automatically qualifies me as one who knows God's voice. (For more on hearing the voice of God, I recommend "Communion With God" by Mark Virkler ([...] ).)

Did you ever notice in Luke that the main message Jesus had before the Sermon on the Mount was, "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand?" Did you also notice that beyond that, His preaching consisted not of words, but of signs, wonders, and various workings of miracles, followed by a statement that he needed to preach in other areas beyond Galilee? Bottom line: not a lot of words, but a whole lot of action!

I believe this is Bill Johnson's main point-- signs and wonders must follow those who believe. In a postmodern world, where traditional logic has less and less value in the marketplace of ideas, a love-motivated work or sign is more likely to generate a greater hunger for God and draw one into a relationship with the Father. Note that when Jesus performed signs and wonders, people then paid attention to what He had to say about the Kingdom of heaven.

St. Francis of Assisi said, "Preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words." I believe what Bill Johnson hits on in this book puts that statement in a whole new light. I highly recommend that everyone desiring to see the Kingdom come in power should read this book in preparation.
on September 9, 2004
Format: Paperback
Do you want a supernatural encounter with God? You will find out how to obtain it in this book. I have seen Bill Johnson several times and the anointing on him bears witness to what he teaches and preaches. I would recommend this book to every pastor if they want to see a move of God with signs and wonders in their church. This is what every believer needs in their life.
on September 9, 2004
Format: Paperback
This is a life-changing book. If you need a boost to your level of faith; faith that anticipates and expects signs, wonders and miracles this is a must read. Bill Johnson will blow you away with mind-boggling revelation; it's so simple yet life altering. If you are looking for a move of God in your life I highly recommend this book.
on January 21, 2005
Format: Paperback
This is the most awesome book I have read... Not only have I read this book but I was THERE during which the stories you read were taking place.. I know first hand about this because it was not something I just heard about but saw and experienced myself.. :)

" I tell you the truth, ANYONE who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father....And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate
their faith.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and YOU have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority."

This book by Bill Johnson is well written, has many scriptural references and very much studied book by people world wide of every denomination. It is very much endorsed by all who have heard his teachings and those who know and love him. That to me tells of his character.
You cant get any better than this book.
on January 16, 2004
Format: Paperback
I am being revitalized in my faith walk as I have been reading this book. What Pastor Bill is teaching here is so important to me personally that I have been taking notes on 3 x 5 cards and putting them in my Bible to review so they become a vital part of my daily walk with Christ.
I have already given out two copies of this book to two pastors I know.
This book accurately describes the Christian as a citizen of heaven sent to earth to plunder hell in the wame way Jesus said that he came to earth to destroy the works of the devil.
I recommend this book to any believer in Jesus who doesn't want to settle for a weak and ineffective life. This book will lite the fire within you very effectively.
on March 28, 2006
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This was a marvelous book that doesn't hold any punches. Johnson makes no apologies for the manifested power of God that he teaches about and practices in his ministry. And he cites chapter and verse so you can read it for yourself, which I appreciated.

My friends would tell you I have a lot of faith and believe God for some pretty big things (and He's come through on them too!), but this book made me realize my faith was too small - more correctly put, my view of God was too small.

This was an amazing blessing - I highly recommend it.
on June 5, 2005
Format: Paperback
Bill Johnson's book is a fantastic read. It's a real faith builder and yet it isn't one of those "pie in the sky-if you can shape up" types of books. He uses sound revelation from the Bible and vivid examples from his own life and the lives of others to portray what is possible here on earth as we apply the Kingdom of Heaven to our situations. Mr. Johnson makes you believe that Jesus meant what he said when He prayed, "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

Well written. You'll enjoy it IF you're willing change your way of thinking about life on this planet.
Format: Paperback
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh wow! let the groan in your spirit arise with Bill's book, "Heaven Invades Earth" He calls us all out and up to a higher plane where we can experience all that was paid for on the cross.

If you are pressing in and want more and if you are tired of DEAD religion, than this is the book for YOU!!

Rise up, generation, its time to walk out the life Jesus longs for us to live! :) - thus sayeth a 20 yr old