Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2007
When I first saw the Bible title, I thought perhaps this would be a man-centered, Christianity-lite Bible, but that is not the case here. So much more than I had expected, The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible strikes a balance between doctrinal helps and applicational helps, which Stanley interweaves in a very natural, buoyant, visually attractive, and thorough yet uncluttered way.

The Bible has a whopping 195 page concordance, "What the Bible Says About" articles, introductions for the 66 Bible books, a "God Promises" feature, and an index for the >300 promises categorized under family, provision, deliverance, justice, obeying, and more. Yet for all these helps, the Bible lives up to its title in offering practical inspiration with such features as

- "Life Principle" articles (for ex, "Obey God and Leave the Consequence to Him"),
- "Life Lessons" (>2500 applicational notes scattered throughout),
- "Life Examples" (for ex, "Joseph: Waiting and Trusting"), and
- "Answers to Life Questions" (located near to scripture tie-ins, for ex, near Gen 39:29 on Joseph one finds "Does God Bring Us Adversity?")

As for the Bible proper, the NKJV is not one of the looser translations, much less a paraphrase, but is a word-for-word literal equivalence translation that improves a bit on the accuracy of the KJV yet keeps the KJV's familiar flowing beauty while also avoiding both the KJV's archaic words, pronouns, and verb endings and also the dry or wooden sound of the NASB. For those concerned about translation issues, it is fairly easy to follow along with either the NASB or KJV, even the NIV, using the NKJV, and anyway, differences between underlying texts are noted in small print.

For those wanting notes that are more of the historical, archaeological, or doctrinal type, this is not the most academic of Bibles, nor does its title advertise itself as a Study Bible. Instead, the Bible falls within the niche somewhere between the more man-centered Life Application Bible and the info-rich MacArthur or Nelson's NKJV Study Bible. Most of all, fans of Charles Stanley's books or television show will surely enjoy this Bible.
33 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2006
This is probably the most well-thought-out resource study Bible on the market. Everyone's definition of "resource bible" will vary, of course, so in this case I simply refer to "resources" as useful, practical annotations that are instantly applicable to our everyday life and understanding of the Bible. Every page is filled with practical footnotes that reflect on Dr. Stanley's thirty Life Principles, a series of key points gleaned from years of dedicated study and revelation through the Spirit. I'm always cautious of anyone who publishes a Bible with "interpretative" footnotes, but this is one Bible you can use with complete confidence. His principles are Biblically sound through and through (check them out if you don't believe me) and his reverence for explaining The Word in terms we can all understand is without peer, which explains why he's been so successful at upholding The Great Commission. I've always believed that God gives us all special gifts, and He's given Dr. Stanley the gift of teaching, a gift that has been used to its fullest. The most successful servants of God do one thing and do it extremely well, and Dr. Stanley is probably the best living Bible teacher in our modern world, bar none. This annotated Bible is a "must have" addition to the collection of any serious student of The Word.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2006
This is an outstanding bible! If you are a bible reader for the first time, or for a long time, then this is the bible for you.It is clear and to the point. As only Charles Stanley can do it. The footnotes are wounderfull.
on February 23, 2006
I found the bible to be excellent as a study bible. It afford not only the word but application for one's life with the supporting scripture from both the old and new testaments. In additional God's promises from both the old and new testaments. This Bible has been very helpful in my study of God's word.
on May 16, 2006
This is an awesome Bible! For the first time in my life, I understand what I am reading! I love the notes that Charles Stanley has on every page. He really helps to explain key passages and how it relates to our lives. Love it!
on May 14, 2007
This is an AWESOME study Bible. I have enjoyed studying this Bible. This is the best Bible I've ever had. I love how Dr. Stanley breaks down the verses and the Life Principles he has added to this. I would recommend this Bible to everyone. This Bible would be especially great for a new Christian.
on April 2, 2007
I am using this life application bible for my morning devotion and study times. It is a wonderful resource. It makes it so easy to search the scriptures when I have an issue or question that I need to have GOD answer.

Everyone should own this bible.
on March 24, 2007
The books were given as a gift and the recipients are still mentioning the enjoyment, ease of reading and life application provided. One is a Bible teacher and prefers all of the commentary. The cover(including the box in which the bible is packaged)makes an invaluable presentation. Their pleasure is well worth the price, which was not very much considering the cost of comparable Bibles.
on September 16, 2006
I am not the best writing reviews but I was moved to do it about this Life Principles Bible from Charles Stanley. It's just great. Easy to follow. Encourage me to read every day. You want to know what is next, and "meditate day and night in God's word" with joy and enthusiasm because after all our desire is to apply God's word in our daily life. This study bible is so good that if is you case, wait a little bit, save and buy the leatherbound version.
on March 29, 2007
Really appreciate the 30 Life Principles and the easy references to support the principle as well as further study! Will assist many in their growth with Jesus!