Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 3, 2011
The book is really concise. Less fluff is good when you're short on time. Each chapter has 10 review questions with rationales so I found it really helpful to go through the book only twice to be comfortable. I recommend it as a refresher course and as a hardcore study tool because it covers many different topics for the CNA exam. I haven't found any mistakes in rationales or typos like other books either.
on January 21, 2013
Summary I took the CNA class in June of 2012 pass the clinical in August 2012. But my fall semester started and I had no time to fit in studying for the CNA exam I then gave my books away to a girlfriend who was taking the CNA course that same fall... I told my self once the semester is over I would study on winter break ... Ha ha not even winter break came and went so I was like ok now the spring semester is soon coming and I don't have time to fit in CNA so I gave myself a week to study's or the exam, I scheduled my test for that Friday in the same week ... So I would read the book , then I test my self with the DVD that came with the book and then did a review with the end of chapter quiz lol I just read it quiz over and over again ...my girlf friend took the test WITH OUT THE CNA CRAM BOOK AND FAIL SO... I JUST READ THE BOOK AND PASSED MY FIRST TIME

KEY TIPs: just high light the bullets and pay attention to the end of chapter quiz. Then use the practice DVD ... This book work like a charm ...
99 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2011
This book is well written and fairly concise. I like that it's not 600+ pages like our textbook, and you really can read it in a week or less if necessary. There are five chapters of information you need to study and all except the last have 10 practice questions. The last chapter reviews all skills step-by-step. The two practice tests are very helpful although I wish there were a few more. The tests not only have answers but explanations as well. The CD contains these exact same tests, but randomizes the order of the questions and the answers which is helpful.

Here's where the book loses a star:

I really don't like the cram sheet in the front of the book. It is a great idea to include such a thing, especially for a book called Exam Cram, but the information is totally useless. The cram sheet does not have bed positions, hot/cold compress/soak times and temps, times for checking certain things, and important measurements like positioning an enema bag or washing a catheter. It includes average vital signs but they aren't useful because they don't tell what to report. "Average temperature: 98.6" Seriously? It would be useful if it said, "Average temperatures: oral 98.6, report if higher than 100 or lower than 97, +1 for rectal, -1 for axillary"
on August 16, 2010
I am a retired nurse and I wanted to have my granddaughter start studying before her classes officially started a month away. This is a great book to get a start on abbreviations, healthfield words and meanings, and pictures of positions and equipment used in the care of the ill. The test questions really got her thinking and made my role very easy. Thanks for all the future students who will have success by studying this book also. Gram
on April 14, 2010
My niece got her certification the first time she took the exam with the help of this book. Excellent and well worth it.
on February 15, 2012
This book was so helpful when it came to studying for the state test. I passed the test with flying colors and would definately recommend this book to anyone who wants to be a CNA!
on August 19, 2012
Great for taking the Prometric state board exam. I studied it from front to back, and brought it to the testing site to study last minute in the car. Passed the board easily with help from this book. Would recommend.
on February 8, 2011
Decent book for the price. Passed my exam without any trouble with the use of this guide and another cd review. I did not take any offical classes as I was able to get a course wavier.
on September 15, 2015
This is a great book for studying for the CNA exam! I've used it twice (my license lapsed and I had to take the exam again a couple years later) and this helped me ace the test both times! It lays out a studying plan of action for you to follow before the exam. Written very well and very easy to read and work through!!
on June 11, 2014
My instructor suggested this book. Only 10 to 20% of my exam was covered in this book. I passed but could have done it without this book. It covers only basics. Decent foundation. I would suggest to not take the author's advice of when in doubt to pick "C." In all cases it was the worst possible answer. Save your money and just use your text. Also, the companion CD has errors on the practice tests.