Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RNotes®: Nurse's Clinical Pocket Guide
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 23, 2005
This flipbook is perfect for first year nurses because it presents valuable information in a easy to flip, erasable pad. The book has everything from lab values, CPR techniques, assessment data, insulin regimens, tables of meds that counteract each other, and I/O figures for measurement. I used this book a lot for labs during nursing school and liked flipping through to remember basics that would slip my mind. Its a great present for any nursing student or first year graduate. The book includes all ages from babies to the elderly, and presents infomation for all types of nursing. Its a great book also because pen marks wipe away by rubbing it off with alcohol (which is in every RN's pocket). The Rnotes also have other makes that are more specific but this is great because it encompasses a wide range of topics.
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2004
I got this to help me during clinicals in nursing school. It has a vast amount of information that is well indexed so it is easy to find. The first time I brought it to clinicals my instructor (a nurse practitioner) took it and looked through it for about an hour. By the next day in class she had already purchased her own copy and she recommended it to the whole class.
on January 30, 2006
This is an updated review for Rnotes 2nd Edition. I had previously posted a review for the 1st Edition, and somehow it ended up in the 2nd Edition's review section as well. Nonetheless, here's what you'll find inside the new edition that you wont find in the first edition (copied straight from FA Davis' website):

NEW! Diseases and Disorders tab covers about 20 common conditions nurses are most likely to encounter, including interventions and patient education

NEW! OB/Peds/Geri tab focuses on life span considerations and will address complications and emergencies associated with pregnancy and delivery

ASSESS tab now focuses on a thorough general assessment of the adult patient

NEW! ECG and LABS combined to cover all diagnostic content in one place and includes 12-lead interpretation

EMERG/TRAUMA tab covers ACLS resuscitation procedures as well as pediatric and neonatal advanced life support information

Expanded coverage of emergency assessment and meds

HIPAA and OSHA-compliant - supporting privacy issues and minimizing the spread of nosocomial infection

I personally own the first edition, and I must say, I carry it every time I'm on shift. It's a great resource for any new graduate, especially if you do not currently own a PDA.
on December 12, 2002
This little book has it all, yet it really fits in your pocket! It's amazing! The coolest feature of all is that you can write on the pages with a ballpoint pen and then erase what you wrote with alcohol and start over. No ink residue!
on April 17, 2007
The second edition is awesome. It feels like it's 3 times the size of the original and it includes some OB, Peds, and Geri information. In addition it also has meds, IV, fluids, labs, and more. This is like a combination of all facets of nursing, but only the essential information. This is well worth the money.
on December 4, 2003
I have looked at a great many clinical nursing pocket guides and I must say this is the best. This clinical notebook is published by the same company that publishes Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, just from this you can tell that most of the information is detailed, to the point, and easy to understand. The pad is made of waterproof resistant material and you can write on it with a ball point pen then wipe off with an alcohol swab and use it again. There is enough room to eneter information in for 5 patients. While I am not sure it will be of much use to a practicing nurse, it has proven very helpful for students.
on February 11, 2003
I love RNotes very much. There is so much information right at your fingertips. It fits nicely in my scrub shirt. It can be written on and wiped clean. There are so many topics of information such as, calculations and conversions, lab values, assessment skills, emergency information, medications, and much much more. I recommend this book highly to any student nurse or "old-timer."
on October 1, 2003
I am a second-year RN student and I've found this little pocket book to be quite helpful at clinicals and at work (student nurse at a local hospital). Not only were my fellow nursing students raving about it, but my co-workers were just impressed with the content of the book and the fact that one can write pertinent info and wipe off that info when the patient is discharged.
on February 29, 2016
I'm currently in my 1st semester of Nursing School. This little book is AWESOME....wish I'd had it sooner it would've saved me alot of ink, money, and stress. It has all the nursing procedures inside it along with pictures that demonstrates the procedure. Since I got this book and shared it with my classmates, two of them have already ordered it. I plan on ordering all the rest of the books made by this author. It's width is short enough to put inside your uniform pockets, its a little on the thick side but for all the good information in it....the thickness don't bother me at all. The wording, front size, instructions, and pictures are well formatted and organized.
review image
on January 23, 2003
A must-have for any studious nursing student and will even help those who are nurses already. I am a Senior II student nurse (to graduate in May) & I purchased this in Nov 2002. This is packed with as much general info as is possible for a pocket-sized book & still provides detail (esp with basic understanding of EKGs). It has helped me so much in my clinicals (esp ICU). I'm telling all my friends to invest the small $$ and get this BOOK. It will help you study & pass, I promise. I wish it would have come out sooner.