Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on October 24, 2012
Went from ER to psych nursing and wanted a handy pocket resource.
This is it. Of course the drug section is really helpful with precautions and side effects. Half the hospital picked it up as they came though the unit...seasoned psych nurses...and wanted to know where I got it and borrowed it a time or two. Was told to put my name on it, or it would disappear ! 20 bucks well spent.
on September 10, 2012
I have taught mental health nursing for over thirty years, and I consider this book an essential resource for my students. It has almost everything they need to know presented in one small, pocket-sized "package" that can easily be carried to class or clinical. The book is well written and easy to follow, and I would encourage all psychiatric nursing instructors and students to get this affordable, very helpful resource.
on November 16, 2011
I have been using the 2nd edition psych notes for quite awhile and i purchase another 15 copies as gifts a few of my close colleagues. Whether you are a counsellor or psychologist or psychiatrist ,or clinical & psychiatric nurse,or socialworker or even a student, this book is a must have in your collection. I come from Singapore and i manage to find the 2nd edition by accident in a hospital bookshop, but surprisingly not many people own this book. I bought two copies, one of which i gave to a friend as a gift and another got stolen when i left it on some table somewhere at work without taking it back. Once the 3rd edition came out i quickly made my orders. Students will gain the most from this book as it helps you remember key stuff for your exams or test. For practitioners, we can't remember everything so, when we need to remember a quick theory, or medication or psychiatric information than this book sure comes in handy in such situations. If you are going to buy it then use it as your assitant, but if you are buying it to store in some cupboard or chuck it somewhere, please dont waste your money because the more practitioners and students out there find out about the existance of this book, amazon will run out os stocks very fast. This book is a jack of all traits in the psychology, psychiatry, counselling , clinical and psychiatric nursing,and socialwork area but the master of none. Simple information, to the point but with the unnecessary jargon taken out. If anyone condemns this book, they really need to reflect on those words they uttered because they really dont know how valuable this book is in the first place to practioners and students in the field of the helping profession.
on May 12, 2013
I bought this for the psych rotation of my nursing school clinical. It has helped a lot with the psych units of our lectures as well. Great book!
on November 24, 2013
This is such a handy reference!! I am a LMSW, and I frequently whip this out. Great resource and an excellent addition to the therapy toolkit.
on December 18, 2013
Arrived in timely manner, great for clinicals, also good reminder at work, fits very easily in pocket, it is a must have!
on August 18, 2013
I work in psychiatric nursing, for a few years now.
This book is a nice little refresher/go to book for various info needs and referencing. Size is perfect, fits in most pockets.
I like the washable pages. Not everything in the book is relevant for me as it is U.S. based, and I work in Canada, but it's still got lots of good stuff in it. I like the lay out and organization. I'd get it again and reccommend to anyone in the field or training in the field.
on May 2, 2013
I bought this little book to have with my during my Psych Clinical rotation. It was very useful and helped me a lot! I wish it had more Psychosocial Nursing Diagnosis, though…that's been the difficult thing for me. Overall, this book is great and perfect go-to resource conveniently in your pocket!
on January 9, 2012
This handy little book is a must-have for mental health professionals! It contains so much of the information you may need on a daily basis in an easy-to-find format. Definitely recommend!
on March 8, 2014
I purchased Psych Notes in order to use it to study for my licensure in social work. The book is clearly laid out and has all of the relevant information included.