Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Veterinary Clinical Parasitology
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 23, 1999
The features that made the 5th edition so helpful as a reference, like separating the book into sections according to the type of host (ie: dog, sheep, horse, rodent), and showing photos of the parasites that commonly are found in or on that host, have been removed. Additionally, some very common parasites are not even included in this 6th edition! Rather than a good reference book, it has now been reduced to somewhat of a primer on parasitology, one that introduces you to 'types' of parasites, rather than one that actually enables you to recognize characteristics of one parasite that distinguish it from another, similar parasite so that you can specifically identify it. This book is no longer useful, as the previous edition was, for reference work. I do not recommend it.
on April 11, 2001
I was surprised at Dr.? Reith's review of this book. Contrary to what Reith affirms, the book IS divided into host sections, al least for the parasites diagnosed by fecal examination; actually, there are 28 pages and 55 photographs devoted to dogs and cats, 16 pages and 32 photographs devoted to ruminants, etc. Parasites of the urinary tract, genital tracts, or skin are in a separate chapter, as are blood parasites and arthropods. This does not bother me terribly. I wish Reith had mentioned the "very common parasites" that are not included; I have not missed any yet of the common ones in a veterinary practice. I have a fairly extensive collection of parasitology diagnosis books and, for the variety and/or quality of the photos, this is still the best. I only wish that some of the photos were in color but I am not sure I could afford it. I still recommend it very strongly to my students of Veterinary Parasitology and to veterinary practitioners.
on September 9, 2009
Have horses, have microscope, have plenty of fresh manure! Just needed a book that showed me what the heck I was supposed to be looking for!!! This book has been a money saver and a fantastic learning experience! Up to now I was just blindly de-worming my horses on a drug rotation basis. Now I do my own fecal exams and worm according to what I see. This book also tells you how to make a "flotation" solution for parasitic eggs (eggs float) and another solution for the nematodes themselves (worms sink). Super-easy! Fun and educational!! I strongly recommend this book to any horse keepers!!
on September 21, 2011
Excellent well detailed book that I bought to help me with FEC on our horses. It's well set out, easy to follow and understand. Love the spiral binding too.
on March 9, 2012
Excellent reference for learning how to do fecal egg counts. So far, that's all I've used it for, but it is worth it just for that.
on January 27, 2015
Great Book.
on February 15, 2015
Good book for identifying worms in goats if you want to do your own fecal tests. Pictures are a bit small and not in color but I really don't see how color pictures would help that much more. Also has other animals too- we just never have problems with them getting worms so I don't need the information for the other animals.
on April 10, 2015
Very good reference for parasitologist. The only problem is that its all black and white.