Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 16, 2010
I'm doing an Emergency Medicine rotation and find this book has been really helpful for looking up a good Differential Diagnosis, "Red Flag" conditions to exclude in ER, as well as what basic tests to order, etc. I can see it would be very helpful for Family Medicine rotation or even Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic.

I am definitely keeping it for intern year in a few months.
on June 11, 2011
i am a medical student and i was looking for some sort of diagnostic sieve/flow chart in a book to help me streamline and categorize my thought process towards developing useful differentials.. and i came upon this book... although it is helpful in this regard, i was expecting a bit more differentials, as well as a bit more details in the pathophysiology and treatment sections given that it was a MERCK.....nonetheless this book is worth buying given its price and has served its purpose somewhat... looking forward to future revisions
on May 10, 2015
I am not a medical professional. Have taken a few Red Cross first aid class (including "Wilderness and Remote First Aid" - excellent!), and this book helps me translate between the super-comprehensive "Merck Manual" and my limited medical training. If you're going to own the full Merck Manual, and you're not a medical professional, you should also own this book.
VINE VOICEon October 26, 2015
Very similar to the Merck Manual Go-To-Home Guide for Symptoms, but with a more technical vocabulary. It is set up the same way with descriptions and charts, but is in a somewhat smaller, more portable, format. I imagine this would be the one for nursing and med-school students and other professional medical workers and technicians.
on January 9, 2013
This is a great title to have around the house. It's not as 'in depth' as 'The Merck Manual' but then it specifically isn't supposed to be. I would recommend this to anyone who likes to get a feel for what is likely to be going on when symptoms arrive, and especially to parents of younger children who always seem to manage to have something malfunctioning in their young bodies. The book would make a great gift without fear of confusing the recipient with medical 'jargon' when the time arose to consult it.
on November 26, 2012
I bought this book because I know that we aren't always able to wait several weeks to get in to see a doctor. I believe in being prepared for what is likely to happen. The doctor shortage will only get worse.
on January 6, 2009
As with most of Merck's products, this book is top notch. It is exceptionally useful, complete, and well organized, all at a bargain price.
on October 6, 2013
I can carry this on rounds with me for a quick refresher course when i need it. Its relevant always.
on July 3, 2011
I used this book for my MS-IV Family Practice rotation and found it an excellent review of the DDx and physical findings for each patient CC. I would highly recommend it to anyone doing a family practice rotation or general medicine outpatient rotation.
on November 15, 2008
It's seldom a good sign when a content provider chooses to repurpose existing material instead of developing NEW material, but this is what we seem to have with the Merck Manual of Patient Symptoms. The book proudly boasts that it "enables users to quickly find information they need to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients," which only raises the question of what all the OTHER versions of the Merck Manual are supposed to do. To be fair, the long-in-the-tooth, resting-on-its-laurels Merck Manuals are probably in NEED of a makeover--but this ain't it. What we're left with is a book Short on innovation and quality that is likely to take the fast Lane to the bargain bins at your local bookstore.