Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 29, 2011
The Character of True Intimacy provides inspiration and stimulus through its heartfelt stories of countless women who opened their eyes - and their hearts - to end their desperation, step into their powerful and knowing selves, and connect deeply with their true life partner. This book is intelligent, and written with clarity, passion, and conviction - yet, it is also deeply personal in its approach. Gayla's own poignant narrative and inestimable wisdom from experience weave luminous threads through this tapestry of incredible stories. The Character of True Intimacy is full of practical insights that clearly emanate from warm and generous hearts and abundant mindsets. It's like having a profoundly enjoyable conversation with - and invaluable advice from - a group of your oldest and dearest friends. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in discovering the unimaginable freedom and elation that can come from experiencing true love.

-Carol Leavitt, MBA
Management & leadership consultant, and author of Play to Your Strengths: Stacking the Deck to Achieve Spectacular Results for Yourself and Others
on March 12, 2010
My step daughter owns this book, and left it by accident the last time she visited. I picked it up out of curiosity and found myself enjoying it, inspite of it being a "woman's" read. Sadly she returned and picked it up when I'd only read about 3/4th of it. She's promised to bring it back when she finishes it. Men, give it a try!
on June 14, 2010
This book shares applicable and useful tips to not only attract the perfect partner, but Gayla makes it fun at the same time. You will love the stories about women who found love in their own personal journies. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in love, or wants to find love, male and female alike!
on March 18, 2010
For those of us who are in a "true" relationship, Gayla's book is affirming. Gayla's conversational style makes this an engaging read. Through stories, Gayla weaves the threads that describe what creates a lasting, meaningful intimate relationship.
on November 24, 2010
Thank you Gayla for writing this book. I enjoyed the folksy tone of it and the shared stories you used to illustrate all the different ways that true love can come to us. I found the authors perspective to be very identifiable and relevant. I found pieces of my life and experiences in so many of the womens stories featured in the book. We've all been there and thought, "That's it, I'm done - I'm just going to forget about love and find happieness and contentment in my own company" and then we go right back out there and start trying to force it to happen all over again. You read this book and realize, you do just have to be happy with yourself. Make room for someone to love and to love you back and then just go live your life. You just have to read this book to see what I mean. Start reading it when you have several hours to devote to it, because you won't want to put it down.
on June 29, 2010
This is an very insightful book on the workings of finding true love & maintaining it : the author interviewed women (some famous, some not) in happy monogomous relationships to find out some of the important commonalities/lessons in meaningful relationships & true love. Mr/s Right does not have to be "Mr/s Perfect" (a movie star or rich man) but a considerate/caring individual to bring love, understanding & friendship into the relationships. There will be issues/challenges in any relationship, these can enrich/strengthen the relationship if resolved amicably without undo judgement. This is a great read for singles to help them find Mr/s Right/true love & for those in relationship/love to enhance theirs, the book comes highly recommended.
on March 21, 2011
One of the most poignant points in this book is that trusting someone else is necessary for true initmacy. However, you must first trust yourself.The real power of this book is it contains real stories from real women! Filled with many nuggets this is a must read for anyone who wants to have a richer and more intimate realtionship.
on August 15, 2011
I love Gayla's first-hand insight and conversational style. She proves to women and men that finding true love is possible with real-life stories that offer powerful insight. This book is for anyone that may doubt their soul mate is out there!

Marlow Felton, Author of Couples Money
on January 24, 2010
The book is so easy to read, has a great flow to the text, and had I had more time I'd have read it through in one setting. It pulls the reader in and I could hardly put it down once I started reading. It's like a really good letter between friends.

The topics are in agreement and covered by current thinking in the related fields of counseling and self help. However, the book stands out because it is so easy to read, so conversational, and so real with the many shared interviews and life stories.

Thanks to the author for sharing with the world an intimate glimpse into her life and how past challenges along life's road are currently eased in a relationship that has and is meeting her needs.

A delightful read that should touch any heart, female or male!

M.G. in Virginia
I loved this book! I have tried much to find love but never with the clear focus and attention to the details I learned from Gayla's well written and easy to read book. This book just touched my heart with its many messages. I really feel like I can Find my Forever Love!