SnS Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now

100%
Format: PaperbackChange

on November 3, 2013
Head, Neck, & Dental Anatomy by Marjorie J. Short has been one of the most helpful books I’ve ever used in a class before. It’s a textbook that was required for my oral anatomy class but I have found so much more use for it. As a dental hygiene student, we are expected to know everything about the teeth and this book has helped me reach this expectation in many ways. One way is by having organized chapters; in no way does this book assume you already have knowledge in oral anatomy. I had very few and this book starts from the very basics and walks you through every part of the mouth. Every tooth even has its own chapter of its characteristics. The chapters are also set up to have short to the point chapters that makes it less intimidating when reading the chapters and easy to find specific information when looking for it.
Another helpful aspect of this textbook is the diagrams and pictures provided in each chapter. Many people today are visual learners today and the authors of this book took that into consideration. There are clear and simple charts to help organize all the information provided in the chapters. The pictures of the teeth in the book are both real and drawn showing very different views and characteristics of each tooth. Long chapters of just text turns readers off including me and this book does a good job of going straight to the point in the text and then filling in pictures and diagrams when needed.
I personally was required to buy the book Anatomy of Orofacial Structures for dental anatomy. When I started reading both of them I found that the book Orofacial Structures was harder to read out of and would reference Head, Neck, and Dental Anatomy because of the easy to read chapters and organizing of information. Also, Anatomy of Orofacial Structures didn’t have the pictures throughout the chapters to make it easier to identify the parts of the tooth and the different characteristics of each one. I recommend Head, Neck, and Dental Anatomy over this book if both are required for a specific class.
Another thing that I have found helpful in Head, Neck, and Dental Anatomy is that all the terms are listed in the back of the book along with their definitions. This was helpful because I did not have to search multiple chapters when I needed to know a term for a test or if I wanted to make flash cards to help me in class and on test. It also showed even more organization within the book having each term in order. This is a good resource for students to use and shows the authors were looking for ways to make life easier for a student that may be using the book as a resource and study from. I felt confident in all the information I was reading and instead of feeling overwhelmed when going to read the chapters I felt relaxed and that they were easy to read and understand. The pictures in the book have helped me even more then the text and I find it to be an easy recommendation for dental students.
on January 18, 2013
i have this book for my dental head and neck anatomy class at UMDNJ & this book is surprisingly very well written and has very short chapters. everything is very straight forward. i highly recommend this book to anyone who needs it.
on September 27, 2015
Great book. Easy to understand
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2014
It reached to my house before my classes started that was the only thing I was wishing for. So great experience