Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on April 30, 2013
I'm using this book for Visual Basic 101 class that I'm taking. I do have only minor experience in C++ (which was also taught from a book by Diane Zak) but no other programming experience. I don't like this book quite as much as I like the C++ book of hers, but it serves its purpose very well. It teaches things simply enough that you can grasp the concepts quickly and delves into some of the more complex subjects in enough detail that you can keep up and excel. The examples are relevant to the subject matter and interesting enough that I actually wanted to complete the problem. Although this is not a book for advanced users, I would definitely recommend this book to a fellow student or anyone interested in getting an introduction into Visual Basic.
on August 10, 2013
I had to use this book for class. It's easy follow along instructions made the work a lot easier. Halfway through the semester our teacher decided to quit using the book :(
on September 4, 2013
Albeit, if this is your first time looking at programming. It gives you a good idea of what is going on and preps you for the next level.+
on July 22, 2013
It was a good book for learning Visual Basic . It is used by the school I'm going to so it is what I needed. Recommend the book for use
on April 6, 2013
For my class which I am not enjoying and it isn't making it any easier but it serves the purpose
on August 27, 2014
I took the class online, the instructor was sooooo dumb, without this book I wont get even a C, but with it, I managed to get a B.

Make sure to download the videos that the lady who wrote the book made to show some exercises.
on February 27, 2015
I always love Diane Zak programming books. A well written beginner vb
2010 book. Only reason i gave her 4 stars is because most people have
moved up to vb 2013 books. So anyone that wants to learn OOP make
sure you have a Mrs. Diane Zak (IN YOUR BOOKSHELF).