Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gardner's Art through the Ages: A Global History, Volume II (Book Only)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 20, 2012
Although the description for the Kindle version mentions the coursepack, it is not actually available for electronic versions of the book. In the Kindle version there were no page numbers associated with the subjects in the index, rendering it useless. No page numbers throughout the text, either. There were no navigational aids, so I had to flip page by page to get back to the table of contents. Reading the materials was cumbersome, because so little of the text appeared on the screen. I returned the Kindle version and bought the book instead. The book itself is beautifully illustrated with excellent content.
on August 29, 2013
The Kindle version is just plain bad. There are lots of errors, fonts that are spaced to make reading very difficult, etc. The Book is much better. Whoever put out the kindle version has neither pride, nor skill in their job, which is important with this type of book. Get the book version instead.
on January 15, 2013
This item is vastly overpriced. A new copy of this can be obtained for $185 with the required access key. My question is then, why on earth am I seeing this book used for $175? I have been watching this book like a hawk because I need it for one of my college class, and it was only three weeks ago that sellers were charging $110 used without the access key. That is a fair and reasonable price. But now that a new college term has started back up, these sellers have thought it would be a wonderful and splendid idea to jack up the price $50-60 because they know that students need these for a new term. I understand it is business, and that they are here to make money. But I would not pay any more than $130 for this book used just because of the sheer fact that sellers are trying to penny pinch poor college students and because a used copy lacks the access keys that most instructors require. This book needs to severely be dropped in price back to a reasonable level. If any seller would like to sell a copy for $110-$130, I would more than gladly buy it. But until the used price becomes a fair deal to the buyer, then I have no intention whatsoever of buying this book. I am livid that sellers would try and take advantage of poor college students and parents in these hard times in our economy. Buying this book at an inflated price only reinforces these bad habits and lets sellers know they can take advantage of consumers. It is basic economics, something that these insatiable sellers are taking advantage of. Please use reason and logic in your everyday life and do not condone these money grabbing acts. Until then,

Justin
on February 12, 2016
I got this book for my art class. The book is really great for art lovers as it teaches you about the art history with lots of pictures that would give you a clear view of the subjects instead of going online to Google it.
on September 2, 2014
Daughter needed it for school. Volume I was a great tour through great works left to us by architects, artists, and crafts people across the world and time. The illustrations were excellent and numerous. I expect that vol. II will have the same quality as volume I. I bought this new because I want to read it myself and keep it for reference.
on May 16, 2014
I had to use it for a Freshman college course and found it to be very helpful. In fact, I'm currently using it for an upper-div art class. It's very thorough and gives you some great background/contextual info on the artists and the process of creation.
on August 27, 2013
This book did not come with the access card and now I can not return it! This book also promise an option to sell back and the sellers are acting like they are clueless. Do not buy from this seller!!!
on May 5, 2013
Beautiful art and so many too explore. Combining rich history with art is no easy task, but this book succeeds aptly. However, there is some lack of description for most paintings, but it seems reasonable and rather insignificant.
on February 7, 2014
Hidden in the description was tha fact that this was an access card to the ebook. I made the mistake of not read everything clearly and didn't discover my mistake until a thin envelope arrived. The seller accept the return and refunded my money. Read the description carefully!
on June 13, 2013
i needed to purchase this book for my art history class. The photos and fonts were great. I wasnt happy with not able to use the study cd. They were having issues in the being of having it work properly. Something to do with the key code since it was a new edition..Once it did work in the middle of my semester which was late it was nice to be able to have a study guide on line and it was very usefull.
Not sure why the publisher are makeing small changes and then come out with another edition.The changes are not major. I think it is over price for a soft cover book.