Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 14, 2014
When I read "fact" books I look for descriptive writing, adverbs and adjectives that describe. Every time I come across descriptive writing I mentally break the sentence or paragraph down into facts. This book didn't have a lot of hard facts, there were soft facts, like "some people eat broccoli". I was really disappointed in the book, although the class I took was very good and I learned a lot.
on July 3, 2015
Purchased for a class at Troy University during my undergraduate studies and then sold (as most textbooks are) once finished with it. During my graduate studies I realized that much of this information was still pertinent and useful as sources so i purchased it all over again and now have almost all of the books that I used during my collegiate studies. This is a very informative book and an easy read.
on October 2, 2013
I love this book, its so interesting and the stories are just jaw breaking! I believe reading it will change your perspective about life :)
on January 26, 2013
This book was very insightful. It covered a wide range of topics relating to today's social problems and made for some very thought-provoking class discussions. This book was not at all one-sided, but discussed social problems from different viewpoints and helped students see more than one side of an argument. Also, with each topic, you get sociological theories as to why things are the way they are which was also very thought-provoking. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the social problems of society.
on March 26, 2013
I really like this text. It was actually interesting to read (unlike most college books). Reading it definitely helped me on my tests.
on February 8, 2014
This text book was requirement for class. The content is relatively current and pertinent to understanding the social issues of societies around the world. Great read!
on February 22, 2015
Received the text book on time. I'm satisfied with the condition. This was a great price. I found this book to be compatible with newer edition material.
on April 10, 2013
I, too was shipped an Instructor's Examination Copy of the textbook I needed for my class. I've had to use it, since I had no time to return and replace it. So far, I haven't noticed any difference between my copy and other students' copies. That said, my opinion of this book still isn't very high. With sentences such as "Poverty is associated with health problems, hunger, and housing problems," and "All this happened in the United States, but in this new global economy, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas," parts of the text seem to be written by high school children (or worse.) Plenty of information, poorly presented.
on March 22, 2015
It arrived and was in fair shape. I am using it now for my college class.
on July 1, 2013
Do not order this electronic version. I ordered it thinging I would receive and access code with it for the price. I had to send it back because it was not the full version. Cengage Learning sells the product, but doesn't give the access code. You call them you have to pay another $100.00 for the vide access! My class starts today and not access code!!