Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Intermediate Accounting, , Problem Solving Survival Guide (Volume 2)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 26, 2012
The Intermediate Accounting book by Keiso, etc is a good book but it doesn't show you how to do problems and then when your professor assigns homework, you will be lost unless you have this and a great professor. I've used the Problem Solving Guide (Vol. 1 & 2)for Intermediate Accounting 1 & 2 and have A's in both. For intermediate 1, I had a great teacher so this book helped enforce what he taught. For intermediate 2, I have a horrible teacher and this book has helped me maintain my A average. Some of my exam questions have been very similar to the book questions. I also recommend the Study Guide. Find a friend to buy the other one and share to save money. Intermediate Accounting is hard so do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on this guide. It will help you!
on November 7, 2013
I adore Accounting, yet was struggling with a few concepts. I purchased this Survival Guide to assist with my struggles while studying the main Wiley Book. My instructor is often unavailable, and there are no dependable student resource center at my college. The main Wiley Book was sometimes confusing and its' illustrations were too simple when compared to the complex and often advanced Problem Questions. I was desperate. I had expected this Survival Guide to hold the answers to the Problem Questions in the main Wiley Book. This was most definitely not a Solution Manual.
However, I wasn't looking for a Solution Manual, I was seeking an Instruction Manual. This fits perfectly. This Survival Guide provided its' own Problem Questions, and then, supplied the answer. Each page is packed with information, flows continuously. It offers brief introduction to concepts, provides tips, lists the Problem Questions and quickly provides the solution, the solution is often accompanied with concept training, decision making, and math detail. And as a plus, each chapter has a practice test with MC questions with immediate answers.
This is an excellent source for the person who isn't just after the grade, but truly desires a practical understanding of Accounting concepts and practical math skills to obtain the results.
on November 3, 2012
Please do not hesitate to purchase this if you are struggling with Intermediate Accounting. The exercise solutions provided and the explanations are seriously, priceless. While the textbook does a relatively decent job of explaining the different aspects individual, it is quite confusing when multiple parts of the text are condensed into one question. This "survival guide" thoroughly breaks down each exercises and explains it meticulously. Definitely recommend.
on June 9, 2013
The companion Study Guide for Kieso's Intermediate Accounting provides a summary of the chapter and additional multiple choice questions and exercises (the answers are provided). This book goes above and beyond by providing tips on what is important to remember and what data is needed to solve various problems. It also provides additional multiple choice questions and exercises, but goes beyond the Study Guide in that it provides explanations on why a particular answer is correct and how the exercises were calculated.

As with the Study Guide, the Problem Solving Survival Guide is split into two volumes. Most schools use the Intermediate Accounting text for a two-semester sequence, so you only need volume 1 or volume 2 in a single semester class. If you can only afford one -- the Study Guide or the Problem Solving Survival Guide -- go for the Problem Solving Survival Guide. You'll get more information than what is already in the textbook.
on February 21, 2012
The Problem Solving Survival Guide is a great investment if you need a little extra help solving Intermediate Accounting problems. I truly appreciate the helpfulness of this product.
on January 25, 2013
I am a college student and the intermediate accounting classes with my instructor are the most difficult to pass. These 2 survival guides saved my rump (and GPA)
on February 28, 2015
Good but didn't help me with what I needed. Maybe I wasn't using it the way I should.
on April 25, 2014
I got this to help figure out how to work problems while studying for a test. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I discovered the material didn't match my 14th edition textbook! It's one thing to change the questions up a bit so you aren't giving away the answers, but it's something all-together when the questions aren't remotely like anything discussed in the chapters. Searching through all the solutions didn't help, and every chapter is the same way. I tried everything I could think of to make it work, but ultimately had to return it. Depressing...I really need the help.
on November 17, 2012
this item is not the solution for the problems at the end of the chapter!!!! I wish they gave this description before i wasted my money on this rip-off.
on March 14, 2014
It goes over a few problems for each chapter. I wish it had more of a review as well though.