Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 11, 2010
I went to school for cosmetology in 2007 partly using the previous green covered milady cosmetology book that came out before this one. That book was more informative with wording, pictures, and descriptions. This "new" 2008 book cut out a lot of the information, but had the same exact pictures from the older book. So instead of improving the information- how-to steps, and guides in this new book, they cut out more pictures and information and added new work books, and theory books. Milady makes more money, schools make you buy the work books. And while the work books are very helpful, its much easier to have 1 book to carry around, then having several books to carry around on top of your giant cosmetology kit. It's also easier to refer to one book if you are looking for help instead of digging in 3.

Sadly, most cosmetology schools are hole in the wall places that do not have passionate teachers. So if this book lacks in information, and up to date pictures etc, you cannot always rely on your teacher to teach you as I could not when I went back to school. If the book had better step by step directions, and actually put more content into it, than having less than their old book!- then people would benefit more and think better of Milady.

Very disappointed, it's like having the older book, but with less pictures and information, just a new cover. Waste of creating, they could have done so much. Did not even change the 1990's looking pictures, besides the outer cover. Lucky for me, I had the old green covered milady textbook so when I needed further help, I could to refer to it, my classmates could not. The works books that match this are really good I have to say, but who wants to have to flip through other books trying to find an answer, when that is what this one is supposed to do. Not happy, but the school made me get this book.
on October 20, 2008
I am very happy with the Milady's Standard Cosmetology 2008 book. Because it covers new trends that have taken place in the industry.If you are a Stylist that graduated from Cosmetology School many years ago I strongly advise you to get this book.
on December 30, 2009
This book has too many crossword puzzles & word searches - it's very frustrating when all you want to do is learn the material - not do kindergarten work.
on September 17, 2009
Any college-level collection strong in cosmetology history will find MILADY'S STANDARD COSMETOLOGY is a 'must' reference. It covers everything, from general anatomy and physiology to key terms, charts of chemistry basics, procedures for hair or facials - everything covered in a professional cosmetology course. Many a college course will use this as its basic text, and any college-level collection with courses in cosmetology needs this.
on January 26, 2016
I originally owned this book many years ago, but lost it in a move. I am highly considering going back into cosmetology and I knew this book would give me the vital information I needed. Upon arrival I was very please with the overal condition and quality of the book. It is exactly what I wanted and needed.
on November 6, 2011
This disc only has certain things from the book but quizzes you for the whole chapter on the book. I found the videos very helpful but an instructor is so much more helpful because you can ask them questions and they can tell you if you are doing it right or wrong.
on February 7, 2010
This is a very average book. There is very little information on each topic and it's mostly
just fluff. I mostly looked at the hair dyeing information and there was not much written on the topic
at all, very little that specifically explained how to dye hair.
Also, there was a section in the book on vitiligo (which I know a lot about) that was completely
inaccurate. There's no excuse for that - they seemed to be confusing it with psoriasis (some
completely unrelated skin problem). How can you caution people on how to apply a cosmetic product to
someone with a skin issue if the book does not even print remotely accurate information?
Definitely not worth the money unless someone makes you buy the book for a class. It needs to be
updated for accuracy and useful information.
on March 27, 2014
Comprehensive and well written textbook. I teach cosmetology and barbering in a combined class. I only wish the editors coordinated this with Miladys Barbering textbook. They cover a lot of the same material, but in different chapters and slightly different wording, so it makes it really annoying (as well as confusing to the students) to teach a combined class the same curriculum from two different but similar texts.
on March 28, 2013
and i already am working out of it i am able to copy work from my old book and follow along also i had to update me books i had the 2002 miladys books falling apart and some stolen from old classmate i am happy with this book
on September 17, 2011
Purchased for a friend...she was very pleased with the gift. Needed the book to finish her Cosmetology class. Was very appreciative and pleased with the book and the service provided by Amazon, great speed on delivering.