Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2012
Oh, where to start...

As for the physical construction: there's some kind of glossy coating on the book's pages, making it easily smudge-able if you write in it, highlight, or are even just wearing hand lotion. Seriously. It's very annoying. The print and pictures literally smear on the page when it comes in contact with liquid/greasy substances. Some of the diagrams are inaccurate and labeled backwards. The accompanying workbook has similar issues. Our class also found out that the online study site for this book (Cengage's "Coursemate" site) is glitchy and full of inaccuracies. It's also an extra $100 to access the online site. I made it through the semester fine, but I wouldn't attribute that entirely to this book. I had an excellent professor who was engaging and truly cared that the class learned.

I also have the previous fourth edition of this Principles of Radiographic Imaging. It's basically the very same thing with less colorful diagrams. It has the same information, but without the unnecessary page coating that smears. I'd recommend the fourth edition if your program allows it.
on January 27, 2013
The concepts of the book are fine. Good teaching tool however, the ink on the pages smears everywhere. I have to remember to keep my fingers clear of the text or it will literally ruin the pages. It's very annoying and diminishes the value of the book as I plan on selling it back. Also the pages are binded so tightly together that the book won't stay open while studying. I literally have to hold the book open or use a weight to hold it open as I take notes. Very annoying. If these things were fixed the book would be just fine.
on November 6, 2013
I own this one and the book from Stewart C. Bushong which is called the "Radiologic Science for Technologists". This book is good but for me, Bushong's is way better in many ways. Trust me. It's fun & easier to read at the same time. Compare 'em up and you'll see what I mean.
on January 8, 2014
As a radiography student, I liked the illustrations and 3rd grade level introductions to the concepts. However my professor went into a lot more detail than what the book covers. As a result I had to consult other reference books in order to fully understand the concepts for exams. This book tells you the what, but lacks the how and why.
on August 24, 2014
First of all, this book is terrible. The questions at the end of each chapters for practice do not provide you with any answers! How am I suppose to know if I did the problems correctly if there are no answers to reference to? Secondly, for some reason the ink will smear if your fingers rub against the text on the pages. Thirdly, the binding of the book is extremely terrible. I just bought this book and the binding of the book is coming apart! Each chapters in the book are pretty short and the book won't go in depth with the topics. It's expected for you to know some background information before you read this book. Overall I hate it.
on February 10, 2012
The color on the pages comes of easily, can't be written in well with both pen and pencil. Makes critical mistakes, labeling things exactly opposite, which is disappointing since the book just came out the beginning of the year. Loved my experience with Amazon, as always though.
on December 14, 2015
Larger print. Plenty of pictures. Short chapters. Easy read. This book mostly highlights the points, not as many details as some of the others I have.
on May 14, 2013
This book's binding totally fell apart within three months of purchasing it. I feel that I payed too much money for it to fall apart so quickly.
on September 23, 2013
exactly what you need when you go back to school for medical radiography. excellent detail starting from basics to more advanced concepts.
on September 21, 2013
Easy to read very informative has great pictures and additional Website information to lookup research stuff and what not. buy it