Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 21, 2012
I just received this book a few minutes ago. I've scanned the whole thing and am now eager to start trying to work more with paper and maybe even try to build the apparatus to make some. This book is extremely well organized and well illustrated. The examples are easy to follow and entice one to go further. Thank you, Michelle, for a wonderful endeavor. This is a beautiful and educational book that takes you through, step by step, the process of making paper by hand. The results are incredibly beautiful pieces of art. The paper could serve as a piece of art before doing anything to it. Then, adding encaustic (pigmented wax) to it, enhances the product. The combination of two dimensional visual art with textural and three dimensional components creates extremely pleasing visual effects. The book is written as if the reader has no prior knowledge of either paper making or encaustic painting so that for a novice or experienced artist the book leads you through exercises that will allow you to enhance your artistic expression. I recommend this to anyone with an interest in paper making, encaustic painting, or an adventurous artistic predisposition.
on October 16, 2012
What a joy to look through, and then to dig deep for finding inspiration for taking encaustic and paper to the next level. Each section is easy to understand, and the photo documentation is fabulous! The "Tips" are a great feature, too, giving the reader an "inside" look into successful studio practice. This is one book I will be going to again and again. Thanks, Michelle, for translating your teaching skills to the written page!
on September 29, 2012
This book is written with easy to follow directions for each project. First book I have seen to make your own pulp and paper and actually make art. The photographs are helpful for inspirations for new projects. Can't wait to start.
on July 16, 2013
The author provided detailed information on how to make hand made paper and the encaustic instructions are quite creative as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and will keep reverting to it as and when I do encaustic art.
on October 1, 2012
I received this book last week and am very pleased, but not surprised, that Michelle Belto has written a marvelous how-to book about paper making and the use of paper foundations for encaustic work. Having been in one of Michelle's workshops this summer, I find this book written in the same clear explanation form as she uses in her work as an instructor. I highly recommend this book to paper lovers - beginners and experienced users.

Dianna Woolley
diannawoolley.com
on November 10, 2013
I love this book-it is full of Michelle's innovations and the paper hound in me really loves that her techniques allow me to integrate hand made paper as the substrate for encaustic wax pieces. The only thing better would be to take a workshop from her! I will also add that she has quite a few innovations that are unique.
on September 5, 2015
This one of the best books about encaustic that I have come across. It fits my style of working completely. I have recommended it to my students. I can't comment on the "paper" portion of the book as that is not where my interest lies and I have little (practically no) experience in that area. Based on looking over that section and on the well done "wax" portion of the book, I can only guess that it is equally well done.
on February 17, 2014
I've recently become intrigued with the encaustic medium and have been doing a lot of research. I've always been interested in making my own paper, just have never got around to doing so.

This book is written so you can do one or the other, or combine both mediums in your finished product. What is so fabulous about this book is the manner in which the instructions are written. They're easy to understand and not so broken down that it becomes overwhelming. I can't wait to get my hands busy creating!
on April 9, 2013
Unless you know nothing about paper or encaustics, I wouldn't buy this book. I was expecting to learn more about different ways of making paper and and more about encaustics with paper. This wasn't what I needed.
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2014
I was not sure what I would think about this book when I ordered t, but I enjoy using plain wax in my work and I was curious what this book would have within it's pages.

It's excellent! Great information, interesting projects. It's a keeper for me!