Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Now Deal of the Day

100%
Start Japanese with the Michel Thomas Method
Price:$14.79+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 25, 2012
Unlike other "book-free" products, this one thoroughly runs through many different ways to arrange basic ideas. The instructor is easy to follow and has a pleasant voice. This series focuses on expressing yourself rather than learning how to say things like "there are forty red cars visible". I'm not a huge fan of "grammar-free" methods. At some point, you need to learn some grammar. But you learn it here without being told you're learning grammar. The ideas build steadily in vocabulary and structure, but there is plenty of progressive review so you never feel like you have too much to absorb.

One trick is that there are two versions of this product on the market. This one has 1 CD with 14 tracks, and covers basic verb/object usage. There is a red-covered version with two CD's that takes you a little bit further. But all in all, this CD introduces the method nicely, and I look forward to getting into my car to learn more.

The only reason I didn't give this five stars is that I think the pace could be a little faster. But I think most people will find it to their liking.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again