Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Geological Field Techniques
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

81%
19%
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 3, 2014
I like this book. It is very detailed and seems to address every topic well. The chapter that discusses strike and dip is a bit confusing but it is not an easy subject to put into words. When you learn to do it in the field it will be easy. I am able to do strike and dip but do not ask me to teach it with words! This is well worth the money paid and you will learn a lot. Also good for reference.
on March 5, 2013
I forgot it in the class unfortunatelly, surely noone ever returned the book.
Evem though it is not hard cover it was still nice and good quality at lesser weight which you will appreciate if you have to go to the field like me :)
on May 31, 2016
This is a good book. It is well-organized, has a lot of good info and illustrations. It is, however, NO SUBSTITUTE for Geology in the Field by Compton. This book is almost superfluous next to Compton's.
on August 28, 2013
Has excellent pictures to describe how to use different tools in geology. Very basic reading, which for the information the book covers is the point. Great book for all geology students.
on November 28, 2014
This is a terrific basic rundown of all things geology. I am definitely happy I got it before going to field camp and will be bringing it with me. I wish it had a glossary though :(
Senior Environmental Geoscience - Geology
on February 6, 2013
It was a required text for my field methods class and it has turned out to be a great resource.
on May 16, 2013
I have the paperback and the Kindle versions. Very good advice and pictures. A few too many British examples, but the authors are British, to it's not too surprising.
on March 24, 2013
Not much to say here. Got as a required text for college. Easy to follow and great information for my class. Keeping this book on ;my shelf is a must
on February 4, 2013
Came on time and in great condition! Having fun applying it to my field methods class!! Would recommend for anyone interested in how to keep a professional field book.
on February 15, 2014
Was highly recommended text for uni paper. Very useful for recent field trip. Love the photos of actual examples, makes it very understandable and relevant