Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 16, 2016
This book suggests you buy the supplementary book that helps you understand what they're trying to teach you. BUY THE SUPPLEMENTARY BOOK, this is a terrible book and I had trouble with it all year. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars, is because the seller was excellent. The book itself deserves a negative star or ten
on January 6, 2014
I am fairly good at math and understanding new concepts, but this book is useless if you are new to this material! It is so incomplete, and devoid of a proper descriptions and examples. You can do way better than this book!
on April 8, 2014
This book is comprehensive enough that even if you don't have an excellent professor, you can get the concepts with practice. The course was very fast-paced and I was one of only a handful who passed, but I was also one of only a handful who showed up to class every day and took my studies seriously. This book is great for self-teaching. As with any math book, don't read it as you would read a novel--read it instead as a puzzle or a riddle that requires outside-the-box thinking and you will ace the course!
on January 14, 2013
Loved this textbook! The examples it gives are pretty clear and it gives you nice chapter review tests you can take to test your skills. Also, it's a very well-made book. The pages are a nice thickness and the cover looks nice while being durable.
on May 25, 2015
Not too tedious or expansive for the step between trig and calculus. Many pre calc classes at the larger universities load you down with tons of new concepts all at once, but a course that uses this text would avoid that issue. May not be comprehensive enough for some university courses.
on October 2, 2015
Although this was a requirement for my math class, I do not recommend purchasing it. If I didn't need the homework assignments from it, it would have been returned a long time ago. The sections do not give any information or clear steps on how to solve the problems and this is especially difficult if you have never seen the material before or do not understand it. I have needed help from other resources to understand the concepts this book should be providing.
on February 22, 2010
This book has a review of basic algebra concepts.It has a comprehensive chapter on the use of the calculator. There is only an outline of the concepts presented in the book.

The solutions are only a sample of the problems in the book. The book is helpful but it could be more inclusive.
on January 14, 2014
Already hating this subject this book doesn't help. Questions aren't explained on how to solve in the section and sections don't make sense
on January 30, 2014
I got the book in the good condition that I expected. Unfortunately, I ended up buying the wrong book because there are actually a lot of Precalculus books by these authors, so be careful before you buy! This book was still helpful however for my class.
on February 2, 2010
I got this book for school and I love it! Honestly, math is never easy for me and this book really takes it slow and makes it easy to grasp, one concept at a time. If only all of my text books were so clear!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse