Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 12, 2011
This book is needed for my EMT course...what I love about it most is that theres a scratcher inside..once you scratch it you go to their website, use the code and if you have an mp3 player, you can download the audio which reads each chapter word by word!
on December 13, 2011
IMHO the most comprehensive EMT manual out there. Excellent and well-illustrated book, combined with the website access code makes this an (almost) foolproof study guide for the National Registry EMT curriculum. After working with the book and using the websites interactive media I felt very confident about testing. And I passed the first time!
on March 24, 2013
Really comprehensive guide - covers everything. And I mean everything. Perfect for my EMT class.

Book came with a code for online access to quizzes, powerpoints and interactive demonstrations. Book also has lots of full-color pictures and diagrams.

Only downside is the book has 1566 pages and feels like it weighs 5 pounds.
on January 26, 2014
Fairly well written and a decent teaching tool. However I was not too impressed with some of the disjointed exercises. They seem to come too early in the book. The exercises should come after so students have some background to deal with the exercise better. However some people may have a different opinion. I think it could have been a little better. Other than that, it was pretty good.
on July 22, 2013
This book really helped out a lot as I obtained my EMT! I now Have this book for sale and will sale cheap if anyone needs it! It is like brand new I didn't even use the internet code that's in the book!
on February 28, 2015
A EMS Bible and the original AAOS guide for EMS! Code included allows you to do sample test questions etc and you can even download each chapter in MP3 format where the book then becomes a read along! You can hear the chapter on the go! This book was a requirement for my EMT class.
on March 9, 2016
This is a softcover textbook. It's really big, and becomes difficult to carry around, which luckily, my instructor said we didn't have to bring it to class. Detailed and organized. I do realize that they repeat things unnecessarily, but I guess that's a good thing. There are different sections and it's hard to cover everything in an organized manner. These topics overlap each other so I think this textbook did a good job in doing that.
on October 25, 2015
I rented this book so that I could complete an EMT-Basic refresher course since my certification had lapsed due to not having enough continuing education hours. Renting the book from Amazon was easy-peasy and a cheaper alternative rather than buying the book outright.

It had a lot of useful information but not much has changed since the previous 3-4 editions.
on July 15, 2013
If you want an all inclusive comprehensive text that covers all the material necessary to prepare you or your students to pass the NREMT exam without making it a master's level degree this is it! This book covers the required information for the New National EMS Education Standards while keeping the reading level below college level.
on May 16, 2015
This is the standard book for all EMT students that plan on working in EMS. Great book and there are plenty of videos on youtube from instructors going over each chapter.

I rented this book and got an access code! Professor did not require we use it (which I don't think is uncommon) but I was very eager to have a digital copy. For those who are renting there is a possibility that your book will have a fresh code, however, there is no guarantee that it will come with one.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse