Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 31, 1999
I'm a pilot not a lawyer and I have no connection with the author or the company. This excellent book explains in easy to understand language how the aviation legal system works (and doesn't work). The book tells you what steps to take or more importantly, not to take when dealing with the FAA or other aviation related parties. All pilots should read this book to learn how to protect your license.
on July 14, 2016
This text is probably one of the most popular texts for instructors seeking a text for an aviation law course. Hamilton bypasses the more complex jurisdictional discussions, which is why many see this text as truly practical and straightforward without undue reference to obscure legal terms. The author’s work has been reviewed by some of the leading thinkers in law, from across the nation. Their reviews have improved the author’s work, with each succeeding edition. A workbook is also available, for knowledge drills and application sampling for students. This readymade text and workbook make it easy for instructors needing a great text and needing little time to prepare for the classroom. Professional Pilot students are the principal audience, in my view. Little time is spent on reviews of case law. Few cases are mentioned throughout the text, and those that are mentioned are not fully expressed as they would be in the text by Gesell & Dempsey. Whereas Speciale’s text is similar to Hamilton’s in content, Hamilton focuses more on Codes of Federal Regulations that pertain to persons involved in aviation and on rules for properly buying and selling aircraft. Hamilton has partnered with Sarah Nilsson to produce Practical Aviation & Aerospace Law, published as a 6th edition in 2015 as an eBook for Kindle. If your students are not all Professional Pilot majors, I suggest that you use supplemental texts to take advantage of previous learning from Business Law courses.
on December 18, 2012
This book surprised me by providing not only insight to aviation law, but how to protect yourself from it. By outlining resources available and procedures to follow after an event/incident/accident, whether your fault or not, this book showed how to comply with aviation law while protecting yourself from self incrimination or overzealous honesty.
The book includes current information (as of 2011) on Aviation labor laws, union interaction, aircraft insurance, aircraft sales and related paperwork, as well as federal programs and aviation organization. Good information for anyone in the business of flying.
on October 2, 2015
This book is very helpful and easy to understand. I have been a private pilot for a few years now and wish that I would have read this book sooner. It gives you some very important insight into how to deal with the FAA. It would also be a great read if you are a frequent flyer. You will find it very interesting how international law gets handled within the aviation industry.
on August 6, 2000
Now in a completed updated, revised and expanded second edition, Scott Hamilton's Practical Aviation Law provides complete, competent course for self-study or undergraduate study on how the legal system works with respect to aviation activities. With entertaining examples of aviation law in action, all of the recent changes to date in statutory and regulatory law are clarified, including international law. Practical Aviation Law is soundly recommended as a quick reference guide for aviation managers, private and professional aviators, flight cres, airline personnel, aircraft owners, air traffic controllers, air safety investigators, and the non-specialist general reader involved in aviation as a profession or hobby.
on October 22, 2002
Several years ago, while attending Emery-Riddle Aeronautical University, this book was used as our textbook for Aviation Law. To this day, anytime I get on the subject of Aviation Law, I recommend this book to anyone who holds an FAA certificate. I'm a Maintenance Supervisor for a major airline and have suggested it to my employees who have found themselves in less than desirable situations involving enforcement actions. They always come back to me with the same comment; "I wish I had read this book before I got into trouble." Learn from their mistakes - read the book before you NEED the book. It's short and to the point, you won't be sorry!
on March 19, 2013
Don't let the name fool you. This is NOT a boring jargon-filled textbook that you drag your way through. This is a well-written book that brings its point across with many humorous and interesting anecdotes. Mr Hamilton is not only a lawyer but a pilot and aircraft owner and seems to have a wealth of information to share. I did my BSc at Embry-Riddle and this was the textbook used for Aviation Law. I think it was well-chosen.
on April 21, 2013
good book. fast shipping. the condtion of the book is the same condition as described. I bought this item because the course syllabus said recommended book, but my instructor decided not to use it on the first day class. Overall, the book is like new, Highly recommended seller!!!!!!!
on July 18, 2014
Found this book very interesting, and glad I bought it for my class (rather than renting) to keep as a future reference. Theres handy information I know i'll refer to later during my Aeronautics degree.
on September 3, 2015
It's a really well written book. I personally liked the writing style and sense of humor woven into what could be a pretty boring subject. Be careful though, he kills more people than James Bond in a Soviet military base.