Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Why Worry?: Stop Coping and Start Living
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 4, 2012
This is a fantastic book. I found it easy to read and to understand and could
hardly put it down. The author gave clear insights into how to recognize when
worry is becoming destructive instead of helpful. Her steps to follow to
control worry and to change the negativity of worry into clear and positive
thinking were easy to remember and easier to apply. Anyone who stuggles with
worry and negative thinking will benefit from this book. It is a good step to
taking control of your thoughts and actions. I feel better already!!!!
on May 18, 2013
I have read a number of "self help" books on the subject of anxiety/worry. Most of them focus on helping you understand the problem, which is fine, but this book was such a wonderfully different approach: it helps you understand what's going on, but is very focused on giving you tools to actually deal with it! All the techniques she talks about in the book are easy to remember and put into practice -- which mean I've actually incorporated some of them into my life and it has made SUCH a positive impact! Grateful for having found this incredibly helpful book.
on April 14, 2013
I have only read the first 2 or so chapters and am finding the just this information very helpful. This book gives insight into better understanding ourselves and tools to counter negative thought patterns.
Highly recommended to anyone who easily gets "stuck" worrying.
on December 4, 2012
Love this book! It's an easy read with ideas that are easy to follow! Don't let stress and worry take over your life, let this book give you ways to help you get thru it! I feel much more in control of my thoughts after learning the proper tools to use when worry comes up in my life! :)
on March 22, 2015
I have found the book to be very helpful. "Why Worry? " has taught me that I need not worry that I need only to clear my mind of fear and worry and to ask the universe for help and have faith in the desired outcome. I have learned that worrying serves no real purpose and can only hold us back from enjoying life
on June 8, 2014
I appreciated learning about bad worry and good worry and found some of her nuts and bolts strategies for heading off panic attacks or extreme anxiety helpful. But the book then takes a different turn and focuses more on the overall positive thinking, building self esteem and other types of self-help platitudes that I could do without. I found many of the upbeat anecdotes about others who had conquered their fears or beat the odds to be kind of cliche. I also found myself skimming through the spiritual / higher power stuff. But overall a decent book that explains anxiety and why we need to get it under control. Not sure how helpful it would be, for example, for cancer patients who may not be able to constantly reassure themselves that everything in their lives is perfect and they are strong and healthy as they battle anxiety, a mantra the author suggests.
on December 7, 2012
Just finished the book and I plan to read thru it again. Very helpful in getting me thru some of my challenges, I plan to put some of these ideas into action immediately. Loved the book than you Ms. Tristan!!!
on August 4, 2013
I found many useful tips and techniques in this book. I downloaded it to my Kindle so I can refer back to it if needed.
on September 18, 2014
EXCELLENT, EASY TO READ, MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD AND SAFE, TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT FOR SURE.
FOR ALL US WORRIERS!
on January 16, 2015
great book i have enoyoed it for myself and other that have read it too