Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide (4th Edition)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 15, 2013
If you are taking the course at a school, all the text and material is available online at the Cisco Academy. The online stuff is also up to date and you will find that you will never even use the book. So unless you want to spend the money for something you don't need for the course, don't buy the book (unless your instructor absolutely requires it). Start the course and ask the instructor if you need the book before you buy it. Even if it's available in the college bookstore, don't buy it until you are absolutely sure you have to. It's all online.
on September 25, 2011
Cisco's IT Essentials: PC Hardware text book is excellent. I have read and frequently read how-to guides on computer maintenance, and this book is laid out very nicely. Kinda wish it had Windows 7 printed in it, but I understand it is difficult to keep up with technology. This text with the Cisco class work very well together. No shipping issues, good delivery time-frame.
on October 24, 2014
I've been salivating over this book for some time. Books like this have been out of my pay grade. College town. Even the tattered ones demand flesh. Some other reviews point out some editorial shortcomings (one reviewer panned it, though it sounds like he was on his umpteenth edition). It's a full, thick book, formatted well. Easy on my eyes. Thorough enough, yet not a labor.
on September 21, 2011
Order came quickly, without problem. It turned out I didn't need this book after attending the first day of class. I returned the book unopened. The supplier found the return, and refunded my purchase price. Excellent service.
on February 16, 2011
IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide supports the Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials version 4.1 course and is a top pick for any taking the course as an introduction to computer systems. From diagnostic tools and wireless devices to security, this in-depth coverage for the CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum course helps students prepare for certification, with chapter objectives, key terms, and self-testing sections making this a 'must have' study guide.
on January 4, 2012
If you're taking the Cisco NetAcad online course don't waste your money buying this book.
The college where I took this course quit recommending this book for the class.
NetAcad provides the online book which had more information in it and troubleshooting tips that the hardback book doesn't have. I'm really upset I wasted my money buying this book, I can google more tech guidance and tips then what this book has, it doesn't even provide enough information to pass the online netacad tests....BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!
on April 3, 2013
It gave me direction and the required operations to complete the projects for my test and technical papers the steps to complete in a timely manner.
on February 9, 2013
Used as part of my studies to get a Certificate of completion from the local Community College. Part of the aim to get a Comp TIA+ certification
on January 14, 2015
fine deal...
on October 27, 2010
This is one of the best book that ever read on IT . Easy to understand and simple and plain information that is neede for the A+ nad Net+ cert. very good book . I am very happy and satified with this purchase.