Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on July 11, 2013
This series is so popular for home school families, I am genuinely surprised there are not dozens of reviews for it here at Amazon.

I have enjoyed reading this as I studied history with my homeschooled son and also enjoy reading it simply for the enjoyment of it. I find this text well-written and entertaining to read. (I enjoy history anyhow.)

I might also add (since this is a "Christian text") that it is as objective - if not more so - as other history books out there. Actually, I have found most of the history books my children have encountered at public schools (in upper grades) somewhat skewed to a Liberal viewpoint and was surprised to see just how objective Dr. Rachel Larson's writings were.

Enjoy!
on February 7, 2013
We are using this book in homeschool this year and I have enjoyed reading it with my son. It is thorough, accurate and includes spiritual truths usually overlooked in the average textbook.
on April 30, 2015
A good and engaging overview of American history ideal for middle school/high school ages taught obviously from a Christian perspective from Bob Jones Press. The material is thorough and offers plenty of good engaging questions and evaluations, as well as various topics to stimulate class discussion. Plenty of photographs and illustrations are included as well. What I found most interesting were some of the perspectives of the Civil War, which is often not depicted very objectively. I think the text did a good job of reflecting differing points of view of the war between the southern states and the north and the various causes.
on July 31, 2015
A very comprehensive study of American history that is challenging and interesting. Highlights the important people, places, and events that shaped our country. I used it with my 8th grade son and I was surprised how much I learned along with him as we studied. I especially appreciated all the questions included that generated thought-provoking discussion and helped recall facts. Text is filled with many great photos, maps, and sidebars that provide extra information and enrichment. The book is written from a Christian world-view and gives a very balanced view of the events and people that formed our nation under God. There is a student activity book, as well as a set of tests that can be used for a complete study. Even without those, your knowledge of American history will be greatly enriched by reading this text.
on October 19, 2014
went through it in a breeze
on October 20, 2014
Just as described.
on September 22, 2015
This book was falling apart when I got it. I ended up putting it in a 3 ring binder and it worked out okay.
on January 16, 2016
Arrived much sooner than expected. Product as described and very happy with it. Will do business again.
on July 30, 2015
Great product. Timely service.
on August 12, 2013
This book was in great condition when I bought it!
Described correctly and was in very good condition.
Had no problems what so ever with the book nor the seller.
Overall, this was a good purchase!