Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on October 8, 2007
Tired of spending large sums of money on my daughter's friend's b'day presents and knowing how much my daughter enjoyed art, I picked up this book and told my 14 year old that if she would use it to make gifts, I would pay for it. I figured it would be a win/win situation. She went to town making earrings and bracelets, wearing a new one each day to school. Her 18 year old sister came home from college and wanted everything she made but instead sat down and made her own. They shrinky dinked so much that I am ordering a refill pack and another book for my daughter to take back to college. Moral: kids of ALL ages will love this (including me). One of the most fun Klutz books we've gotten (and we've gotten a lot). And with a friend's b'day party coming up next week....
on August 16, 2008
I got this for my 12 year old daughter and its been a big hit! The results are quite impressive. She's made earrings, a charm bracelet (of colorful Chinese lanterns) and several necklaces. The kit comes with several sheets of patterns to mix and match. They range from cute to sophisticated designs. If you are looking for a gift for preteens and up, this is a perfect choice.
on November 9, 2008
My aunt bought me it as a present, I tried it out and I ABSOULTLY LOVE IT! I made so much jewelry and I'm not spending a lot of money on store bought jewelry. It's great for making presents, giving them to friends, or just making them for you to wear. IT'S GREAT!!!
on July 1, 2009
I bought this for my 8 year old twin daughters for their birthday. We LOVE it! It is so much fun, and you can be so creative. Some of the jewelry created is so cool! They spent hours creating their own jewelry from pendants to earrings to rings, etc... when they first got it. There are TONS of supplies and so many designs and pictures to trace, the possibilities are endless. The book has lots of great examples in it as well. You do need permanent markers, colored pencils or acrylic paint (we like the colored pencils). A hole puncher is also needed. I have loved EVERY Klutz book I have purchased. You can't go wrong. We are buying these as birthday gifts for all my girls' friends this year. I think the recommended age is 12 and up, but my girls were able to trace and color their designs. Cutting them out is a bit of a challenge because the Shrinky Dink plastic tends to tear easily, so I cut out their designs for them. If you like crafting, you will LOVE this!! It is fun for kids AND adults! It would also make a great birthday party activity for teens or pre-teens.
on December 9, 2011
This kit is so much fun. It has "Shrinky Dink" type paper, the jewelry findings, cord for necklaces and hundreds of beautiful designs to choose from. All you do is choose a design, place the shrink paper (which is transparent) on top of it, trace and color in! You can use the designs in so many different ways, you will never run out of ideas for this.

My 12-year-old daughter received this kit last year as a gift, and the whole family loves it! I have a 6-year-old boy as well, so finding things that we all can do together and enjoy are rare. This kit fills the bill. My son likes to write his name and shrink it to make a necklace. He also just enjoys tracing and coloring in the designs that come with the kit. This year, we made tiny Christmas ornaments from the Chinese Lantern design template, colored them in Christmas colors, and hung them on a tiny tree.

My daughter and I make fun medallion pendants, earrings and bracelets. She and her friends have fun every time they get it out. And besides, who doesn't love smashing your face against the oven door and watching the miraculous shrinking process?? I loved Shrinky Dinks as a kid, and I apparently I still do! I recommend highly! Makes great birthday gifts also.
on January 31, 2011
My granddaughters (4) from out of town spent three continious days creating....without stopping. They made the most amazing pieces of jewelry. They came from Texas to Ohio for three days during the holidays. They never got out of their pajamas and finally took a shower the third day. It was nonstop creating. Had to force them to take time to eat. Their ages 10,11, 12 and 13. If only we would taken pictures. Earrings, charm bracelets, necklaces and all..... pieces 0f art. I ordered another set with refills and had them delivered to their Texas home. They called and asked if I could send them some more refills. This was awesome fun for me too!
on September 25, 2010
This is a brilliant little book outlining how to make really cool jewelry. The book has a broad appeal for all ages. I purchased this for my ten year old daughter, but had just as much fun doing the projects. One thing I would recommend is that you purchase a good set of fine-tip sharpies for the coloring. Overall, love, love, love the book!
on January 5, 2010
This book is a really good source of ideas. It carefully explains how to achieve the results, and lets you know which projects are more difficult than others (e.g. the rings). This is particularly helpful when working with younger kids, as it helps the kids (and their parents) avoid frustration by avoiding embarking in the most difficult projects first.

If you are new to shrinky dinks, it gives you a very good base to start. The explanations are very useful and they will help you avoid ruining many-a-shrinky dink sheets.

7 year olds were entertained for a long time. The included patterns are very good, and yet easy enough for the kids to trace and color.

It includes a bunch of supplies to make earrings, bracelets and necklaces. If you need more, they are easy to find in a craft or bead stores.

The kids can make nice jewerly for themselves, or presents for friends, teachers, granparents, etc, and they actually look pretty good.

We got some very cool results combining coloring with permanent marker (for bolder lines)and colored pencils. Some of the color does come off while wearing the jewelry (probably a problem with all shrinky dinks, but I did end up with a blue line around my finger after wearing a ring for a day).

One thing to keep in mind is that it definitely requires adult supervision, especially when working with younger kids (the projects involve permanent markers, scissors, oven, and a bit of exposure to toxic fumes when the shrinky dinks are in the oven).
on January 8, 2013
I was looking for some basic information on this type of jewelry making and this book completely surprised me by it's depth. Nicely detailed instructions and photos. The projects were interesting and I quite enjoyed making a few of them. Somehow I missed that there were supplies included and that was fabulous. Great introduction to the idea of using Shrink Plastic as jewelry and honestly I can't imagine how it could be improved.
on July 9, 2016
This is a really good kit. It has all the supplies needed to make some really charming and even sophisticated jewellery. The instructions are clear. Many different techniques are explained. There are lots of fun projects. The variety of templates is fantastic. I bought the book used for a bit cheaper than new and it still had most of the original supplies minus maybe one sheet of the shrink plastic. I highly recommend this kit for adults or kids (probably no younger than 8) equally. Even at the twenty five dollar new price, you wont be sorry you bought this book.