Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

VINE VOICEon July 27, 2010
Yoga Nidra is one of the most powerful practices in yoga. It is also one of the most accessible, which is why this book is so wonderful for new and experienced students. The author provides a thorough exploration of this deep relaxation practice. Yoga teachers will find a wealth of resources to use in the classroom within this book. The included CD allows students to experience guided yoga nidra sessions. The audio production is first rate, and the author's speaking voice is very nice and relaxing. I highly recommend this book for yoga teachers looking to augment their use of yoga nidra during classes. This book is also perfect for students looking for an easy, accessible way to practice yoga at home. The practice is applicable to everyone, regardless of physical condition. Learn to reduce stress and let go with this wonderful book and CD combination.

Jessica Teel
Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor
0Comment45 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2013
I would have liked to rate this book higher but I purchased the Kindle version which did not include the audio CD.

I found the book to be very informative in explaining what Yoga Nidra is, its benefits and the various phases, or stages of practice. What I found to be greatly lacking is the details on how to practice.

Without the CD, (I can only assume that directions are given on the CD), I could certainly understand the goals of each stage of practice but had no guidance as to how to go about it.

It might be a good idea to provide a download link, to the audio file, for those of us buying the Kindle version of this book.
22 comments37 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2010
This explanation of Yoga Nidra, the procedure and the benefits, is very comprehensive. The CD can be used 'stand alone' even though the book recommends reading the book first. The CD has sectioned introductions in the first half that can be used a a full session. The last half of the CD is another full Yoga Nidra session. There are many books and CDs out here. This is a good combination to have in your tool box. Excellent for relxation and for assistance in meditation since the CD is so directive in calming the mind. The book is solid, but my personal enjoyment was due to the CD.
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2012
This book by Richard Miller is excellent. The CD supplied with the book is also excellent.

Yoga Nidra is an easy practice to learn and is bloody effective. I suffered from serious anxiety for many, many years not knowing that I had a problem. I thought that everyone lived like this. I finally sought help from a psychiatrist who identified my problem as PTSD and prescribed Xanax which seemed to work, but I hated depending on chemicals.

Years later, I saw a psychologist who suggested Yoga Nidra and recommended Richard Miller's book. One day I realised that I hadn't used Xanax for over two years. And I still don't!

I word of warning. Don't think that Yoga Nidra will work without you putting in the effort to practice and don't expect instant results. It takes determination and thirty five minutes a day. That isn't a lot of time to devote to a practice that WILL help!
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2010
Good, but flowery book on yoga nidra. The CD in the back of the book is about the same as the other single CDs this teacher sells. If interested, I'd recommend checking it out at the library.
on January 10, 2013
Since discovering Yoga Nidra, my life has changed for the better. I recommend this to anyone who struggles with stress and anxiety. I have become more calm and optimistic. You will learn how to respond to everyday situations differently- in the best way!
on December 5, 2012
The CD alone is worth the price...I went to a yoga nidra class locally.....and loved it....wanted it more than is offered....great relaxation/meditation and a good read as well.
on October 31, 2012
Richard Miller is a master at what he does. I would recommend this dvd to anyone and everyone. I have had several other cd/dvd's from other authors and none come close to this one.
on October 19, 2014
This entire book and program was recommended to me by an Integral Coach, who has used this program very successfully. I see many have said the ebook doesnt have the CD. You can download the link to the guided meditation here.http://www.irest.us/products/irest
I am so inspired I am actually considering the course.
on December 5, 2012
I attended a live seminar with Dr. Miller, and it changed my life. I can go to sleep much more easily, without tablets, and have begun the first tentative steps in meditation, now that I have lived some of the benefits. The CD is very helpful in following the scheme of increasing depth of inquiry into the self. I have learned to live much more happily with the stream of thoughts in my head, and to begin to explore other means of delving into life's purpose. If one can attend a 3-hour seminar, as I did, and come away changed, then so much more is possible. This is a very valuable book for any seeker.