Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 7, 2013
Book was more for younger professionals but had some good points for older women. Still reading it and using its recommendations.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
I thought it had very helpful useful advice and tips. However , nobodys addresses the fact that many women interested in style and looking well put together, are over 50, 60, or even ( shudder) 70 ! We want to look NICE, but not too young just appropriate. This book while not addressing age speific issues is still practical helpful advice.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
I was lucky enough to see an advance copy of Jacqui's new book. As a fellow style editor, I know that these books are often more style than substance. But this one has both in spades. Jacqui has a great way of dishing out useful info in a straightforward, candid -- and humorous -- way. She's known in the industry as someone who tells it like it is, which you'll discover when you read this book. It's a must-have for women who want to know what to wear, how to put it together and what works for their body type. Bravo.
0Comment36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
A fun book to read. When is the entire industry of "design" going to realize there are women over the age of 50 (even in the medicare ranks) that represent an untapped market of consumers with money to spend? Believe it or not, women 60+ are interested in fashion, comfortable stylish clothes, shoes without 4 " heels, and flattering makeup appropriate to age. I don't know whats worse-an older woman dressed like her granddaughter or looking like a train wreck. I gave this book a weak 4 star because
I think someone could shift gears and make a lot of money.
on March 11, 2013
This book is a treasure trove of secrets on how to dress for your body type (and budget). Jacqui Stafford imparts her super helpful, no-nonsense insider tips on overhauling your wardrobe--without a lot of fuss. Tons of pictures and illustrations show exactly what works, style wise, for you--and what doesn't. This book is a must-have for every woman...and is worth every single penny. After reading it, you'll change how you dress, for the better. And you'll be able to give your closet a necessary overhaul! The end result: you'll love how you look--and will carry yourself with a lot more confidence!
on June 17, 2013
I borrowed the book from the library, but am buying a copy to keep and refer back to. I hate fashion magazines because they are so disingenuous and misleading, but it also means I don't get the advice normally dispensed in such publications. This book gives honest, practical advice without the inane, patronizing froufrou of fashion magazines. I found some excellent products that I never knew existed (skinny shirt, Moroccan oil, my skin color underwear, etc.). The book is like a loyal, honest, and savvy best friend.
on April 15, 2013
Full of fun personality. I have to give the author a round of applause for taking the traditional body shapes and making them into fun and feminine items, like taking the traditional hourglass shape and making into sunglasses.

The book gives a good overview of how to dress for your body type. There is not a lot of information about how to put together a full wardrobe. However, the book is filled with hidden gems in each chapter that the average person will not have come across somewhere else.

The author's personality and her willing to laugh and make fun of herself keeps the book light and fun as fashion should be. Some of the best information in the book is on pages 108 - 109, where Ms. Stafford (after all she is an authoress and I should address her as such) tells you what time of year to buy certain items. The book can pay for itself with those two pages alone.

A fun light read that I think most people would enjoy. It reads like a more in depth, personality-filled magazine. The information in the book will definitely help you to become a better version of yourself, but will it lead you to wow? I think that is left up to your makeup artist...and hair stylist...and a hot shot photographer....and lighting director...and wind fan operator...and possibly plastic surgeon. In general, I think to get to wow, you need to leave it up to the professionals.
on February 26, 2013
It was refreshing to have the female body shapes referred to in a more positive light, i.e. a perfume bottle instead of a pear. The styling tips were practical and affordable.
on March 17, 2013
A book that promise "Wow' in the title is kind of irresistible. I can't say that this book delivers on it's promise. I 've read the same advice in so many magazine features. It all feels very recycled. I was looking for backstage information here and there is just nothing new. There is advice for dressing for your body type but this section felt like a re-work of other books I've read particularly The Pocket Stylist by Kendall Farr - a book I read years ago and in my opinion, still the best of it's kind for teaching me how to edit the shapes that have changed my wardrobe. I was looking for more back stage information than body shapers. Also, Ms. Staffords clothing and accessory choices are really ordinary. I wouldn't feel like I had improved my look with anything pictured. Really disappointing.
0Comment21 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2013
This book was promoted as useful for ALL body types, but ignores anyone who doesn't fir into the authors five groups. And all the clothing is shown is super small sizes, overly cutesy (as in unprofessional), and touted as "affordable" choices for everyone, which they are not. The makeup and hair advice isn't much better. Total waste of $$. Who IS this woman, anyway?
0Comment16 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse