Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dreaming the Future: Reimagining Civilization in the Age of Nature
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 9, 2012
I recently finished reading Dreaming the Future and it has been a constant companion these past few weeks. The colletion of essays flow so well from one to another, yet each one also stands alone for reading at opportune moments during travel and amidst our busy and fragmented daily lives. It's not only a companion, it's essential reading for gaining a view of the landscape of hope that lies ahead. When reading about the magnitude of challenges we face in the world today, it's essential to also see and be shown the possibilities, to hear about and know what is working, to feel inspired to contribute and to feel invited to join the community of changemakers in our world. Dreaming the Future is the invitation to action. It's the welcome sign to enter the door of engagement. It's the inspiration we all need to keep forging a future together that is sustainable and just. Kenny shows us, with incredible wit and with compelling examples, the issues we need to know about, the people who are involved and the organizations that are driving the potential for creating a better world. And who better to show us that world than the co-founder of Bioneers, the preeminent environmental and social justice organization that over the past 25 years has become a hub and vibrant community of people leading the changes that are so desparately needed in our world. You don't want to miss the annual conference in San Rafael, California this October 18-21st. It is THE place to enter the landscape of hope and meet with others. Dreaming the Future is a great gift for friends and would be a perfect stocking stuffer or even a special table gift for family and friends this Thanksgiving! You'll love this book and will want to keep picking it up to go from one essay to the next.
on November 14, 2012
This book is a must read for those who are concerned with what is going on in our world, with the many assaults on all fronts by big money - big wall st, agra, defense, pharma, energy, etc. You know who, the greedy, "lets-extract-every-last-dollar-out-of-our-resources-damn-the-cost-and-the-consequences-to-the-environment-or-for-that-matter-anyone-else" crowd. Clearly and thoughtfully written and with an extremely positive outlook. If I had one book to choose from among those I've read in the last year, this would be #1 or #2 (along with The Global Forest).
on February 11, 2013
The author conveys a lot of alarming information (particularly about environmental problems) but also some breathtakingly brilliant efforts at restoration and recovery. My only disappointment is that I have read some (a lot?) of this previously on the Bioneers website, but I guess having it in book form is handier than getting it off the website.

If you are not a scientist, you will probably wish you were one after reading this--I wish I could go out and try a lot of these ideas myself. This book is about people who actually ARE part of the solution
on October 22, 2012
I found the book to be everything important to me and therefore, the present world. (No narcissism here.) It was like the years of hearing your opening speeches at the conference. I felt literally high and blessed and grateful to know you and all those that create the climate where these thoughts can be manifest. Your book is the primer, the template of what you and Nina set out to do almost twenty years ago with Bioneers. I'm so proud to be a part of LA Bioneers. It brings back the ancient idea in modern concepts that you can't separate science and soul; we are all connected and love, gratitude and articulate smart people is the currency whereby we can prevail in a failing ecosystem.
on October 13, 2012
Kenny Ausubel's book is my new bible. As soon as I finished it I had to read it again. Although it provides a realistic look at what is to come, it didn't leave me with a feeling of overwhelming gloom. It contains a profound sense of hope and possibilities. It makes me feel excited to be alive at this time, to, hopefully, be a witness to how humans will translate lessons learned from the natural world into ways to save this beautiful planet.
on October 8, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Kenny Ausubel is an excellent writer and makes complex environmental issues easy for everyone to understand and does it with charm and insight.
on February 1, 2014
Basic info that makes sense. So true to what is happening around us today and what the ramifications could be in the future.
Everyone should read it!
on June 15, 2015
Great book about our planet and climate change.
on January 20, 2013
The giftee reported that she really enjoyed this - she is a conservation activist and voracious reader. I will have to borrow it back!
on January 2, 2013
A must read. This guy knows his stuff and writes well. Every paragraph has useful information. Be prepared to be blown away!