Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 11, 2014
This book and the seller are great, but it did not have the PrepU with it. I needed (9781605470283) Kyle Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 2e for school. If you want both the book and the PrepU code use 9781469802367. They do not rent this to Ohio residents and I am not sure if the PrepU code comes with the book if you rent it. You will need to email the Amazon Rent Warehouse to find out for sure.
on June 9, 2014
Bought the book and then bought the access code for $75, and still came out cheaper than buying the package.

Delivery and quality beat my expectation.
on March 12, 2013
This was the first book I have ordered as an etext for nursing school. I hesitated getting it for Kindle and wish I had listened to my gut. I have been using it for this semester and I really hate it.

First, there is not a link to the table of contents. A lot of information resides between the cover and the start of the ToC. I had to put a book mark in for the ToC. Having a link to the ToC under the Go To option seems pretty straight forward to me and I am in disbelief that the publisher did not do this.

Second, there is no corresponding page numbers to the location. When the instructor gives a range of pages to read, I have to grab a friend's hard copy and find out to what chapter the pages correspond and what the topic covers in order to find it on the Kindle.

Third, tables and charts in the book are clickable to make it bigger. That is a fantastic tool, however the picture of the table or chart is so pixelated that it is impossible to read.

Fourth, all the hilights that I made are in a huge, long list organized by location. I have no idea in what chapter the hilight for location 14578 belongs. Would be great to sort my hilights by chapter.

So now I have spent another $70 on ordering the hardback edition just to facilitate my studying. Don't order this in Kindle format unless you are reading this for pleasure (and who does that?) as it stinks for reference.
on June 30, 2015
Nursing school is not quite as brutal when you have A) a good professor and B) a good textbook. Thankfully my professor for my pediatric rotation required a textbook like this one. It reads well and has good pictures to show the different childhood illness/diseases.
on December 1, 2015
I rented the Kindle version twice. My first rental expired a day before I was finished with it for school. I hadn't really used it to that point, so I had to re-rent the day after I needed it, but it was completely worthless because I cannot navigate the book by page number.
on January 16, 2014
This is the first and last time I will purchase a textbook in the Kindle format. I purchase books for pleasure reading all the time from Kindle and love it. However, I will NEVER buy a Kindle textbook for school again. It is nearly impossible to read any of the tables or charts; zooming in only makes them blurry. There are no page numbers and the kindle location number does not correspond to the page numbers of the textbook AT ALL. In addition, the extra features such as the advertised learning tools that you are supposed to be able to access that have icons such as for a short video clip does NOT work. I am taking a seven week accelerated nursing course, so by the time the hardcopy version I HAVE TO order because the Kindle version was not as advertised, I will be far behind in my course. Please don't ignore the other reviews similar to this one and risk failing your nursing course due to a faulty e-textbook version!!
on April 27, 2013
I was initially excited to find that this title was available as an ebook. I was disappointed to find that there are no page numbers; the boxes and tables are difficult to read when enlarged; and you can't access the online content. I wish I had just bought a used version.
on February 7, 2013
Book is great, but i will be happy when nursing school is over. It came with the prep u which i had to have and price was way cheaper than having to buy them seperately.
on July 6, 2016
Typical required textbook for nursing with too much fluff. You have no choice, just get it. There is an accompanying ebook on thepoint that you need flash to open, so sorry android folks.
on August 20, 2015
This book came in perfect condition.