Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 4, 2011
Having been in the medical field for over 20 years, Stedman's has always been my favorite; comprehensive and complete, yet easy enough to understand for those of us who work the administrative end. This newest version is better than ever: tabs and lots of pictures.

Just remember though...this is a FULL, DESKTOP version and not one to carry around in your backpack. It is perfect for the certified coder (or becoming one), the transcriptionist, the medical assistant, or the practice administrator.
on October 3, 2011
I am working towards a Medical Assistant degree and found this book to be helpful. I can look up prefixes for medical words and this book has pictures too that help with understanding. It is easy to follow and easy to read. It also has a bonus CD rom and a free 1 year subscription to Stedman's Online. Glad I bought it!
on October 16, 2012
The Text was everything and more than I expected. It has been very helpful when completing assignments. There are also several anatomical depictions that are very helpful as well.
on January 7, 2012
My cousin is a medical transcriptionist and I am studying to be one- only 1 month or so before I am ready to take my final exam. Purchased this book to help me "decode" some of the anatomical terms as well as diseases. I find that this book does not have some of the more in-depth terms, but a part of me also wonders if some medical professionals tend to make up their own words... As far as I've heard or read, this is the best book in the business that is available and Amazon had it at the best price.
on September 15, 2014
This is the correct edition of the Stedman's Dictionary, dubbed "Stedman's Medical Dictionary for Health Care Professionals and Nurses." It was issued in 2011, and is the final edition in hard print; all editions since have been and continue to be available only on electronic media. Although this Seventh Edition is no longer "up-to-Date", it is still an excellent desk reference, especially for those who prefer a book in their hands over one on a computer or cell phone screen. It does contain the vast majority of salient terms and definitions.
on February 26, 2015
This dictionary is super helpful! I take medical coding classes and I don't know how I survived them without this dictionary. It has every definition that you can think of and it also has abbreviations in the appendix. It also includes pictures and it has an anatomy section in the middle of the book. I definitely recommend this dictionary to anyone in the healthcare field!
on November 6, 2014
Arrived b/4 promised date which is great. seller shipped it in a non-padded envelope which resulted in the book getting dinged up along the way. That's ok I can live with that, besides it was such a great price. Book is very informative. Just what I needed.
on May 21, 2013
I love this book. I've read it several times now, but each time I go through it I find interesting new details that I never noticed before. It's not particularly fast-paced, but that's not really what you want in a medical dictionary anyway. I would recommend it highly to any doctors, particularly psychiatrists. The definition of informed consent is must reading for anyone in the mental health field.
on November 28, 2013
This is an excellent desk reference for medical terms for the layperson who has to review medical documents. I am a personal injury defense attorney and I have to understand medical terminology when working with medical experts - Stedman's is the go-to book for clear explanations and illustrations.
on August 16, 2012
I have used a Steadman's dictionary previously and also have Steadman's "Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols". These books have been most helpful to me in my studies and in my profession as a Medical Coder.