Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lippincott's NCLEX-RN® Alternate-Format Questions
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 14, 2010
I bought this book to get more comfortable with the alternate questions on the NCLEX and it delivered exactly what I needed. I also bought a comprehensive Q&A book to practice with a large number of questions. With an alternative format and a comprehensive Q&A book, that's all I needed to prepare for the NCLEX.
on May 11, 2010
I bought this book with the expectations of improving and getting more comfortable with Alternate Format questions for my upcoming NCLEX Test. This book was definitely not as advertised. The questions were written at a very low level and there was only 7 audio questions and 13 graphics in the entire book. The hot spot questions also seemed very repetitive. Overall I say stay away from this book, the cost may intrigue you but you will be disappointed in the long run. I also purchased Ohman Davis's Q&A for the NCLEX-RN Examination and love it. The layout and amount of questions is fabulous.
on March 16, 2015
This book was bought used but its in such great condition it look brand new. The book is an older version and there is another edition but it will do. Hopefully this will be updated enough for the NCLEX. I would recommend this book or the next edition.
review image
on June 25, 2013
I used this book, ATI and Saunder's to pass the NCLEX the first time! I am so grateful that a friend recommended it to me. I used to be terrified of alternate format questions. This book helped me overcome my fears. It also helped me realized what I wasn't understanding about certain diseases, processes and procedures. Most importantly how to pay ATTENTION to the STEM of the question. When I took the NCLEX it seemed like every other question was a SATA. Sometimes I'd get three in a row and I was actually excited to get them because I knew it meant I was doing well! I finished in 75 and felt good about it afterward. People were looking at me weird, because I left the test center smiling. I read the entire book and did all of the questions, including the comprehensive tests at the end. I definitely recommend it as a complimentary study aid.
on September 5, 2012
This book has a TON of 'select all that apply' questions, which are the most difficult ones for me, ugh. It helps walk you through the thinking process of how to answer critical thinking questions. I found it very helpful when preparing for the NCLEX!
on October 1, 2014
It was very helpful in studying for NCLEX it really helped me prepare. I cannot give it more stars because it was difficult to study from because the answer is on the same page as the question. It got a little awkward to try to cover up the answers . Other than that it was good practice.
on April 17, 2013
I had previously used Saunder's 5th edition n comparing the question quality i think Lippincott's does a better job forcing critical thinking... so YEAH I Totally recommend the book.

btw. great book quality :)
on August 5, 2014
Book was shipped fast and in brand new condition. Will definitely help with boards in 4 weeks. Questions on one side with answers and rationales on the other side. No flipping and searching for answers!
on June 4, 2013
The NCLEX is full of alternative questions. The best way to prepare is by practicing these types of questions. This book allows the tester to practice with multiple answer type questions, which of course can be difficult.
on June 21, 2013
I like the lippincott's Nclex RN Alternate format questions because I was able to understand how to go about answering the questions and to identify the wrong answers. I rated the book with five stars.