Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 15, 2013
A few weeks ago I picked up a book everyone was talking about. It moved so slowly, the story just lagged. It picked up in the middle, but I hated the ending. I needed something to make me feel better after that ending. I remembered the book I bought on my Kindle a few weeks ago, Everything but a Dog. I've read other Holly Jacob books and really liked them, so why not? I started reading and didn't stop until I finished, with tears in my eyes. I loved it!!!! It had everything the other book didn't and more!

A radio DJ interviews an odd sort of woman, who then introduces her to a special needs dog. This dog will capture your heart, she did mine. The story tells how a special needs dog, a man and a woman all come together. They all had special needs, just like each of us do, maybe physical, maybe emotional, maybe something else. Together they met each other's needs.

It's a light hearted story, a fast read and a delightful one! If you like dogs and a bit of romance, you have to read Everything but a Dog. Holly wrote this with a sense of humor, which I really liked. Be ready to fall in love with a furry little friend that needed a forever home.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
This was a really enjoyable story for me because I love animals and like happy endings. It was a bit predictable in places but that didn't detract from the enjoyment. A light, easy, make you smile book. I would like to read a follow-up on the vet and the lawyer.
on April 3, 2013
This is the first book I have read by Holly Jacobs. It was a nice entertaining book and now I want to read the other books in the series.
on December 23, 2013
Strong story line with lots of humor. Great, short read with a cute story that wrapped up the entire "Everything but" series. Left me smiling.
on December 24, 2012
Everything But a Dog --
Montlake Romance --
December 2012 --
Holly Jacobs --

Nana Vancy and her friends Isabel and Annabelle, all three of whom were called the Silver Bells, had managed to match-up two couples successfully. Now Annabelle wants one of her own relatives matched up too. Annabelle relative, Della McGraw, was a veterinarian who loved taking care of all animals, but she dearly loved her dogs. --

Nana and her friends went to the animal shelter, where Nana finds a large black dog and a small white dog that were friends; so she adopted both of them. The Silver Bells took them to Dr. Della McGraw clinic. After Nana and her friends looks Della over, they knew that they would have to find a man for Della. Nana and her friends noticed a young man walking though the park as they were walking the dogs. Nana convinces Jonah McIntosh to help her take her collapsed dog to the vet. They were hoping that Della and Jonah would be attracted to each other. After setting Della and Jonah up, it looked like it was working; until Jonah's allergies started acting up. Jonah was allergic to dogs. Was this relationship ever going to work out? Della just couldn't give up her dogs, could she? --

Holly Jacobs returns to Perry Square and the colorful people who live there. This is an enjoyable story that will keep you turning the pages as you try to find out how a couple can overcome their problem to be together. Settle back in your favorite chair with a warm drink and enjoy.
on May 22, 2014
I thought the book was delightful. It was interesting and comical. It was entertaining. I could hardly put it down. I am anxious to read more of Holly Jacobs' books.
on October 2, 2013
this book is fun reading and light. I enjoy taking a break from the daily reading of the world events and this is a great book
on December 24, 2013
This book definitely will keep you entertained. As with her other books, there are chuckles and laughs with loads of love.
on October 2, 2014
Really enjoyed it. Especially reading about places in my home town. I look forward to reading other books by this author.
on June 20, 2013
A animal-loving veterinarian and a dog-allergic man? The paradox itself is hilarious, and what's not to love? The characters were heartwarming with loveable, supportive families and friends to round out the story well. And Nana Vancy is awesome. I wish I had someone like her in my life. The supporting cast of canines were realistic and added much to the plot. Just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this book.