Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Wonderful World of Fashion: A Book for Drawing, Creating and Dreaming
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon October 28, 2009
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is a better approach to fashion for girls in a lot of ways. The book itself is heavy on what appear to be recycled materials, and the text and graphics are in black and magenta, but the austerity is offset by a down to earth artistic style of illustration and engaging, conversation prose.

Normally, I'm pretty skeptical about fashion books for girls. This one, I would consider giving to a girl.

It encourages readers to actually make things rather than look at glossy picture. There are a wide range of ideas for drawing, some things to cut out, and ideas for projects for the readers.

It's not tied to a marketing campaign. Many fashion books are tied to a specific brand of clothes or toys. This one is not.

It enourages readers to come up with their own ideas, rather than accept the interpretations of the authors and their product placement.

It surveys a broad range of cultural influences and eras. Ancient, modern, Asian, American, African, and other influences and the connections are discussed. Nothing smug, pretentious, or overbearing, just cited as influences on modern fashion and as sources of inspiration.

The book is meant to be drawn, glued, and cut, so it might not be suitable to be shared (depends on the kids in question).

This would be an excellent gift for the fashion minded girl who is ready to have her horizons expanded.

E. M. Van Court
on December 4, 2009
I am a 29-year-old graphic designer who works at a fashion house. I saw this book featured on a blog and immediately rushed over to amazon.com to purchase it. A tremendous amount of talent and creativity went in to creating each page. Some of the spreads are absolutely beautiful - i.e., the gloves, the shoes, the flowers...

Nina is an amazingly talented illustrator - you may not like her style, but that's just what it is: her style.

I highly recommend this book, because it goes above and beyond what one might expect from a coloring book.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2009
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It says here this book is for ages 8 and up but I feel like it should be for older children myself. It has black and white pictures of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc that your child can color in and fashion their own designs. There's even a page of different button shapes...although I thought that page didn't include a good representation of buttons in general. The page with bows was much better.

It even encourages your child to seek out old patterns for ideas, which I thought was neat. The page with the different stitches was also rather generic and you will have to illustrate this to your child yourself.

Overall, I think the book is really neat and any girl interested in fashion will enjoy putting her ideas into play using this book. I also think mom will enjoy helping her along with her project!
on April 4, 2016
This book is described as "an interactive coloring book for fashionistas of all ages" and that definition is quite precise. I bought the book for a tween girl but I think her mom ended up enjoying it more. It became the main coffee table book in their family room. As an artist and fashion lover myself I thought the book was cute but I would not gift it to someone 16 and over unless I were sure that they enjoy prompted doodling.

Just look through the pages here to get a sense of the artist's drawing style because it is specific and the same throughout the book. If you enjoy this slightly whimsical cartoon approach, you will like the book. I personally don't generally care for the style but I still liked it for the doodling aspect.

If you find my review helpful, please let me know by marking it as helpful below.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
"My Wonderful World of Fashion: A Book for Drawing, Creating and Dreaming," is a great gift idea for a young creative girl. Actually, girls of any age will enjoying this wonderful, large book that is like an art journal, coloring book, fashion creation book with fashion facts from around the world and lots of fun things to color and make.

There are ideas galore in this book. My daughter and I ooooh'd and aw'd while we looked at page after page of great things to color and create. This is an amazing collection of nail art, purses to design, hats and shoes to color and draw. There are dresses to design, hair styles to create, necklaces and earrings to create and color, and many more wonderful ideas.

This book is bound in a sturdy, large format. I noticed that with markers if you push hard while coloring with them, they did slightly bleed through to the other side, but light marker coloring, crayons, colored pencils and other media work very well with the paper weight.

The book is filled with fashion ideas, shoes, and fashions from around the world as well as designer ideas to color and dream about.

My ten year old daughter is a perpetual artist/notebook carrier and this book really fits the bill as far as kids who love to color and draw are concerned. It is a very lively and fun book to carry around and color and create. It also gives ideas on how to make things like Tye Dye and button necklaces to spurn creativity beyond the book. It has a stitch list and examples of stitches to take your creating and artistry further. This is simply a wonderful art book for girls. We adore it. During the winter months this will fill up many hours of coloring and creating. This book is not skimpy either, it's a huge fat book that will keep fashionistas busy for a very long, long time.
on January 20, 2015
Great Book, my granddaughter is absolutely crazy about this fashion book. She has it in her hands every free moment she has. I'm glad I bought it for her for Christmas. Also, she is 11 years old and loves art.
on December 28, 2015
My 9 year old niece absolutely loves this book! I bought her this and a set of colored pencils for Christmas and she ignored all other gifts that afternoon to color in this book. She loves fashion, make up, and doing hair. It could be for adults as. Well if you love fashion designing as a hobby. Perfect if you live to color and play with patterns and designs.
on February 4, 2016
I purchased this book as a Christmas gift for my thirteen year old daughter. My daughter is very creative and I knew this would be perfect to encourage her creativity and imagination. She loved it, and so did her friends. The price may seem steep, but it is worth it.
on December 6, 2014
Great activity/doodle book for your tween! My 12yr old daughter put, "some type of coloring book for my age" on her Xmas list. So I put that criteria in the AMAZON search engine, and came up with this wonderful activity/design book for my daughter. It's filled with lots of things to do on those days you just feel like doodling or coloring. I was so impressed, I just ordered another one for my 11yr. old niece who has everything and is hard to come up with gift giving ideas for. It's a large book, pretty thick, nice quality and lots to do inside.
on May 12, 2015
Perfect for us to add to our granddaughter's 13th birthday gifts. She was so excited with this book and could not quit paging through it. She is so creative with fashion and has been designing clothes for as long as we can remember. Maybe some day she will live out her talents as a fashion designer????