Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 2, 2016
I thought I would hate my statistics class, but this book made it fun. The sections are short and easy to understand. Each section has a worksheet that includes a riddle to solve using the answers from the questions. It's easy to check your answers by checking to see if the answer to the riddle is correct.
on January 29, 2011
Great stats book for the mathematically challenged! Short chapters covering one or two concepts paired with self checking review worksheets makes this a relatively pain free text. I am a teacher taking continuing education courses and was terrified by the prospect of a statistics class. This book gives just enough information for my purposes as a teacher.
on December 2, 2014
Had to buy this for a class. Its entertaining, each lesson is only 3-6 pages and then there is a worksheet for review. Completing the worksheet gives you the answer to a riddle (also a way to see if you have the correct answers).
on January 31, 2011
This is the best statistics textbook you will ever read. It wasn't required for my course, but I got it because the assigned textbook was way too technical and difficult to understand. This book offered a lot of clarity to otherwise extremely difficult material.
on November 2, 2014
For the most part, easy to use. Difficult topics are broken into digestible bites, so it's fairly painless. I do wish it had more explanation for the answers on worksheets. I've also found more than a few (mostly minor) errors - more of an annoyance than anything else. Overall, it's a pretty well done approach to a subject many of us dread.
on October 20, 2014
Very clear, easy to follow workbook style text. Each lesson has write-ins - answers that will test your knowledge and complete a riddle, which then confirms the accuracy of your responses. If your answers are wrong the riddle won't make sense. It makes the math fun!! Tip: If you're buying a "used" copy be sure to get one with no writing, so the riddle is not answered for you already. Thankfully I ended up with a used copy that was very clean/no writing.
on October 28, 2013
Very well broken down concepts in the book. The book has these handy workbook problems right after each section and that is that has been the best way that I have been able to break down the concepts of statistics easily. I'm using this for my masters degree research class.
on December 17, 2012
definitely a must have for those who are 'sadistically' challenged as I am; the author breaks this information down in small written bites that build upon each chapter. I would highly recommend this as a text for any stats class and especially those individuals who think stats are not relevant to their profession. It clearly and concisely demonstrates how statistics are relevant to all parts of business, work and life in general.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
Really helped with Epidemiology class. Even though I took a withdraw pass, it made me realize I needed a refresher in stats, and now that I am doing that this book makes it breeze.
on July 8, 2014
Baby steps you right into basic stats and makes it seem not so intimidating :) so happy my instructor chose this text