Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Christmas
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 13, 2004
Are you kidding me??? It just doesn't get any better than this. About thirty minutes of pure bliss. My mom got this record when it first came out in '85 and it has been a staple ever since. I grew up with it, and now I get to share it with my own son. A true highlight of the Christmas season is getting to break out this album. And you know whats crazy? I really don't like country music that much. This album is just that special.
on June 6, 1999
ALABAMA CHRISTMAS is my favorite during the CHRISTmas season. Joseph and Mary's Boy tells a great story, Candle in the Window and Tender Tennesee Christmas are wonderful and Christmas in Dixie is FANtastic. I have worn out a cassette and just purchased the CD.
on October 18, 2001
Country or not, you will love this effort by Alabama. Our Family's All-Time Favorite Holiday Album. It has been a hit with us since 1983 and is part of our family holiday traditions. Thistlehair The Christmas Bear gets more playtime than any other seasonal classic at our house. If you don't own a copy, you will wish you did. Three cassettes and four cd's later, we can't get enough of this masterpiece.
on December 4, 2001
This is absolutely one of my favorite albums (not just Christmas). My father bought it as soon as it came out and we have listened to it ever since. We still have the original tape. EVERY song is awesome. I cannot say enough about this work. This is a must have for any Christmas OR Country music fan. It will definitely make you feel closer to home (especially Dixie)for the holidays.
on November 20, 2004
This is a classic. I grew up with the Alabama Christmas album. It is a great CD to just have continually playing through your house. It has a great flow of soft, sit-in-front-of-the-fire music and fun, decorate-the-tree music. A definite favorite and must have for Alabama & country music fans.
on December 25, 2002
This Christmas Album I can remember listening too since I was about 5 years old. We had the Cassette, and then graduated to the CD. It's not Christmas without this CD. Also Alabama doesn't just redo 10-12 Christmas songs that you've heard 10000000000+ times. If you don't get this CD, your missing out. This CD reminds me of me and my mom/dad sittn' around the tree, or in our old house. This CD holds many childhood memories for me, and would be an excellent addition to your household as well.
on November 21, 2003
This cd is the absolute perfect cd to curl up on the couch with toasty blanket and a glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate and watch it snow. Spent some Christmas's in the south and it brings back beautiful memories of those times but living in Michigan now, the music still works to really put you in the holiday spirit.
on October 29, 2005
I think I echo the sentiments of other reviewers when I say that this album has been a Christmas tradition since I was a little girl. It was the first CD I bought when I moved away from home, because I knew I would need to listen to it before Christmas.

These songs are simply amazing. There is a song on there for everyone - when I was younger, my favorites were "Thistlehair the Christmas Bear" and "Happy Holidays". Now that I'm grown, I relate to the more serious songs - "Christmas Memories" does indeed make me cry, and "Tonight is Christmas" - which I always assumed was about the impromptu cease-fire during World War I - has new relavence today, as many of our friends and family are overseas at war.

This album is great for everyone in the family, and is a nice deviation from the same Christmas carols you hear during the rest of the season. I recommend putting this on while you decorate the tree - that was my family's tradition, and it's certainly one I will be keeping.

Merry Christmas :)
on December 9, 2003
I am not that old but when I hear this cd I think of my Christmas' as a kid. We would listen to this album on Christmas Eve and sit and look at the tree in the candle light. I cant wait to pass this tradition on. I wasn't in the Christmas mood til I heard this cd. I bought one for me and my parents they no longer have their record player and I know they are going to be thrilled to see it.
Alabama's first Christmas album is a fairly mellow album overall, though the pace picks up occasionally. It avoids all the obvious songs, being filled almost entirely with original material. As far as I know, the only cover is Tennessee Christmas, a brilliant song written by Amy Grant, which has also been covered by several other singers.
The songs cover all aspects of Christmas. Joseph and Mary's boy caters for the religious aspect. Thistlehair the Christmas bear is a great song for children. Alabama always like to praise the southern states, so we not only get Tennessee Christmas but also Christmas in Dixie - another brilliant song. They are more reflective on songs such as Christmas memories and Candle in the window. Tonight is Christmas is a song of peace and goodwill.
With so many wonderful original songs, this is definitely of interest to Christmas music fans. I did not get excited about it on first play, but I like it more each time I play it. It's that kind of album.