Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

93%

on August 17, 2004
What could be better for a thirteen-month old than a brightly-colored drum you hit with a brightly-colored mallet? From my daughter's point of view, just about nothing.

She really loves everything about this drum. The handles of both the drum itself and the mallet have a soft rubber tip on them, making this toy safer and fun to chew on while recuperating from heavy-duty jam sessions.

The mallet head resembles a cat toy, which is to say it's very light, so any particularly exuberant swings that stray off course won't hurt a hand or head.

Really, this drum is two toys in one: my daughter uses the mallet sans drum to create rhythms on everything from the dishwasher to the (poor, beleaguered) cat. To see her running wildly with the mallet toward a mundane object (a wall, for example) to see what kind of noise she can get out of it is to know that this drum represents money well spent.

And the babysitter has fun with it as well.

The drum is recommended for ages 3 and up but that seems conservative to me. Depending on the strength of your child, you might opt for one of the smaller models.
on January 9, 2001
My 27-month old was outgrowing his small plastic Fisher Price drum and mommy and daddy were going insane listening to him march around banging pot lids. The Lollipop Drum was a great solution. It is very simple but it is one of his favorite toys. The sound is nice and not ear-shattering. Mom and dad like to play on it, too. We bought ours in a toy store and offered him a choice of the Lollipop Drum and a tin drum with two sticks and a neck strap. It was no contest. We're getting another one for a cousin. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on March 1, 2000
I was so happy with the lollipop drum--it's well made and pleasing to look at and play! I have recommended it to my friends because it is functional as well as pretty to look at.
on October 30, 2001
I bought this toy for my daughter last year for Christmas, based largely on the reviews I read here. Less than two weeks after she got it, the handle snapped right off. Now, my daughter is not known for being particularly gentle with her toys, but still I expected a longer life span than that. Yes, it's an attractive, realistic-sounding drum, but potential buyers should know that it can also break easily.
on October 1, 2001
Colorful, fun, and easy on the ears. This drum definitely belongs on our favorite toy list! We also like the fact that it is easy to march with since it only has one mallet and the drum is carried in the other hand. Fun, fun, fun!
on July 2, 2014
Are you an aunt, uncle, or grandparent of a young child? Do you enjoy giving toys to drive your children or siblings slightly crazy? Then this is the perfect toy for you!

Actually, though, my stepbrother and his wife loved this toy. They're all very musically talented, so they loved the idea that I was encouraging their son to play a drum.... they just make sure to put it away somewhere high when it's not drum-time.

This drum is light enough for a small child to lift, and the mallet isn't too hard so you're not lightly to be hurt with it if you're accidentally smacked with it. This is another toy that will be passed down the to younger son in the family once he's old enough to use it, since it's durable and is still being used after 3+ years.
on February 19, 2011
This drum has excellent sound for a child's toy. It's so much better quality than other toy drums because it's made by Remo, a company that makes top quality percussion instruments. Our two-year-old loves to play this, and she can walk around with it. It's not too heavy or unwieldy for her. Older kids (and adults) enjoy playing it too because it has such a solid drum sound. This an excellent value for a top-quality instrument that should last a long time.
on September 9, 2008
My kids love banging on this drum, much to their enjoyment and my ears dismay. Actually the sound isn't all that irritating and it is a very well made instrument. You see this drum in stores for $20+ which is way to expensive for just a toy drum. Amazon has the best price on this item.
on August 15, 2002
We just bought this drum from another site ...! I wish I had found it here first. My son fell in love with this drum at a "school for the gifted" that he visited. They had a class set. What else can I say?
on December 10, 2009
I cannot believe how much use and joy my son has gotten out of this simple toy. It is amazing. I got it for him around the time he turned 15 months old. He is now 18 1/2 months and he still bangs on it every day, although not for as long as he did earlier.

What makes me particularly happy when I see my son play with this drum is the expression on his face and his movement when he does so. He'll march around the living room banging away with a big smile on his face, laughing/grunting along the way. Sometimes, rather than smile, he gets a really serious and intense look, stretching his face out lengthwise while he gives the drum some hard whacks. My husband and I get a big kick out of that expression!

My words are really not doing this drum justice. I'll finish by saying that our babysitter, who has 8 nieces and nephews and is an elementary school music teacher, is so impressed with how my son reacts to this toy that she bought one for a niece's upcoming 1st birthday.