Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Harold The Helicopter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 20, 2000
My almost-3-year-old has been carrying Harold around with him everywhere he goes for a year now. Of all the Thomas items we own, this one is his very favorite. He loves to spin the blades, and I like that he can't break it.
This is the one piece (besides Thomas) that I feel I need to have an "extra" on hand in case it gets lost.
Buy Harold! Don't be like me, waiting and wondering if Harold would be a waste of money. He won't be.

My thinking was that my son was, afterall, 'into' Thomas the Tank Engine and the other Steamies, not air travel.

I SHOULD have bought Harold sooner! He loves him. Harold pretty much goes everywhere that Thomas goes... into the bath, into the sandbox and whatever mud puddles are available. And he has held up pretty good. A little missing paint, but otherwise unscathed.

Great buy-- afterall, sometimes the rails *are* blocked and you do need someone delivering the mail.

Note:
I see that others have had prop problems but we have not. Maybe my child isn't as hard on his toys as I thought.
on April 25, 2003
I have a normal active three year old boy, who loves his Harold. However, the propellers are made of a hard plastic that snap if they are stepped on or smacked around - hard to avoid with a 3 yr old boy! Thank goodness for the lifetime replacement guarantee - that's why I continue to buy this brand. Harold has been replaced twice - my son thinks he goes to the repair shop! Overall the Thomas wooden train system is incredible, but like any brand, it does have it's glitches.
on July 29, 2003
My son has this toy. He loves it. The plastic rotors keep breaking off,(we are on our 3rd Harold and have to get a 4th now.) I have had a hard time trying to find out who to contact for replacement now that the company has switched hands.
on March 9, 2004
My 3 year old son did chores around the house to buy this toy himself. We were very disappointed when one of the rotors broke off within a month. I was with him when it broke. He was not doing anything rough with it. He didn't even drop it. We did not realize there was a guarantee. We've glued it back together at least 10 times. I don't know if that voids the guarantee or not.
Otherwise, it is a great toy. My son carries it all over the place. He says it is his favorite.
on May 20, 2002
Behind Thomas, this is our son's 2nd favorite character. He tends to carry it around with him all day. It's extremely durable (as are all Thomas items).
on March 18, 2003
My kids have several Thomas toys from Imaginarium and they LOVE them. This one is the least durable of the bunch. 2 blades have broken off of Harold, so his flying is a little lopsided these days. I think they need to try another approach for the blades.
on December 9, 2002
I bought this for my 2 year old nephew. I had stupidly not paid attention to the size of the toy. This is a LITTLE bitty toy. about the size of a hotwheel car. Looking at the price and the picture, I was thinking it was a big toy, about 8 inches long or so. [money] for a toy this small is a little high. I just wanted to warn any other potential buyers about the size.
Other than that, it looks sturdy.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2004
My son has repeatedly broken the plastic propeller. Why can't it be made of wood like the rest of it. I was disappointed with Harold being plastic. Luckily they replace it for us. We love the thomas toys
on December 27, 2013
I was a little disappointed because this version of Harold is not made of all wood. Only the small center piece is a wood block. The face, tail and landing gear is plastic. My two year old son loves it though and has been playing with it a lot. I just think the way it s advertised is a little misleading. But it is a good toy overall.