Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 18, 2001
I have been using PC biscuits for several years and have gone through many batches of them. One thing I have noticed is that the number of defective biscuits per container has risen markedly as I purchase newer batches of them. The current batch I have been using has shown about 30% of the biscuits to be defective (by defective, I mean that the biscuit compression is inconsistent, and that many of the biscuits are too wide for the slots cut by plate joiner.)
I store all biscuits in double sealed, airtight containers in a bone dry basement, and am religious about protecting the things.
I simply may have gotten a number of bad batches of biscuits from the several supppliers from which I have purchased them, but I continue to find that a large portion of the units are unusable. While those which do fit in the slots function fine, I'll probably end up buying a batch of the Swiss "L" brand biscuits next. Though they cost twice as much, they are reputed to be extremely consistent, and the cost of the PC throwaway biscuits makes the cost per usable unit of the L brand biscuits extremely competitive.
Be aware, you may have to pick through your batch of biscuits just as you have to pick through stacks of lumber at the local yard.
33 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2003
I was a bit concerned with the quality of the biscuits. I found that about 5%+ where off size or broke easily. I have a small home shop that I do a little work out of. It is important from a $ stand point that the supplies I buy are right. I will buy another, when I need one, to see if I get the same results.
on March 18, 2005
I recently opened a brand new sealed package (read: not having been sitting around open to humid conditions) which I bought here at Amazon. I just finished joining lumber for 6 tabletops. Out of the 200+ buscuits used, I had a failure rate of between 40-45%. This is unacceptable, and I'll be writing PC to complain. Most are just swelled too much to fit in the slot. The ones that do fit work well. There were less than 5% that were obviously broken or cracked. I strongly recommend considering another brand. Not sure who's making these for PC, but they simply need better QC to ensure that this high a percentage of defective units aren't going to the customer.
on September 20, 2011
Biscuits are biscuits, right? Not if they absorb moisture - and biscuits are designed to do just that - so after you get these, take them out of the non-recloseable plastic bags and transfer them to 1 gallon recloseable freezer bags or large jars so they stay good and dry.
on March 17, 2012
I'm not a fan of the "good, for the price" reviews, but in this case it fits.
Thickness consistancy is not that great. If you are a production shop, these aren't for you. I'm a small shop and I can sort through to find usable biscuits, usually during the dry fit of a project. Percentage of bad ones are small, but during assembly, I have presorted good ones at the ready. Just depends on you needs.
In my case, overall, it is still a good value.
on January 10, 2015
Assorted Biscuits, Not much to say here, They work well, much cheaper than anywhere else, and they fit exactly with how my porter-cable joiner cuts grooves. Strong enough for long miter joints like the coffee table a built which can handle 250lbs vertical down pressure no problem.
review image
on May 15, 2012
If you keep these in water and humidity proof ziplock bags, they are fine. About 95% have no problem, but quality control is a bit lacking and some bad ones are inevitable at this price. All disks are made to absorb water and expand to form a very tight bond when coated with wood glue - that's part of what makes them work. They come in non-resealable plastic bags and are fine when they arrive but if you use some and don't put the remainder in something water tight, they will expand and become too big to fit. That's not just these, but ALL wood disks. It would be great if they came in resealable containers, but they don't, so have some gallon size ziplocks on hand when you open them and don't get them wet. Great value.
on April 22, 2016
Some inconsistency with the biscuit thicknesses, but usually if I need 5, I can get what I need out of 6-7. I keep the thinner ones around for cleaning out biscuit slots, applying glue, or for the occasional tighter slot. For the price, I don't have any issues with the quality. Also - I keep these in the bag in my garage but by no means 'sealed', and I haven't noticed any change over the past few months due to moisture or anything.
on December 31, 2015
Great product. Of the hundred plus (size 10s) I used for my last job, there was just one biscuit that was poorly formed. I could have fixed it in two seconds on my sander .. but so many biscuits, so little cost ... I didn't even bother.

I do keep a good set of needle nose pliers in my belt just in case I need to re-work a biscuit ...
on April 25, 2016
Some people reviewed these biscuits and were dismayed that a few of them were a little tight (fat). I did not find that there was any biscuits that were to fat to use. I made up my mind that if I found any that were to fat that I would just touch them to my belt sander. So far, none have been a problem. Great price also.