Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 2, 2002
I recently ordered this book for my son who is 4. With the leap pad books your child can learn the basics and phonics and soon be reading on their own. In just a few weeks he has learned to sound out letters and a few words in the book. Of course, Scooby will keep your interest over and over again. This is a great beginning for your pre-schooler. Also check out the other leap pad products available for all age groups.
0Comment152 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2002
My Kindergartener loves this book more than any other in his Leap Pad Library. Santa brought it this year and he loves it. I love it because it encourages more Leap pad play because it is a character he loves.
0Comment35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2003
Well, we got our 4 year old son a leap pad this Christams and one of the books he likes the best is this Scooby Doo one. The first time through, he just let it read the story. Now he likes to go back and play the games on each page, find the hidden paw prints, and even just explore the pages with the pen.
At first I was not really impressed with it, but it does keep his intrest. I've come to realize the games are very educational and the book is geared for 4-5 year olds.
I'm not so sure Scooby and the gang are the best to teach grammar with Shaggy using terms like "Zoinks" and "Like Wow Man", and poor scooby with his speach impediment. Now when my son eats dinner, he says it is "Rummy" and when he spills something, it is "rhut rho".
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2002
My daughter, who is 3 1/2, is now able to visually recognize the word "donuts" on a page, thanks to this book! Of course, now she wants to eat donuts all the time! Be careful with the books though - the pages can tear fairly easily. We've already taped one up!
0Comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2002
My 4 year old loves this book. Every page has a hidden paw print and you really have to search for it. The games on every page is fun too. This book is made for 4 yr old kids.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2003
I read the other reviews before buying this book and was actually a little disappointed. It was the first Leap pad book we bought and was expecting more activities. I found the book short, it is just the story. My Daughter does enjoy the story and finding the missing paw prints.
on August 4, 2002
Finally something for our Leap Library that my 4 year old can relate too-familiar Scooby Doo and Gang. Grat learning tool. Mom enjoys it too. Although my 2 year old daughter got a hold of the book and the pages ripped out. Otherwise, somewhat durable.
on June 30, 2004
My 2 kids love just about every LeapFrog book that we've purchased. This particular Scooby Doo story is a lot of fun and the games that are included in the book keep the kids attention.
I give 3 stars for durability, as I will for all Leap Books, only because the book does not provide storage for the cartridge. It sure would be nice if the books had small plastic sleeves for the related cartridge. We have a number of books and keeping the books and cartridges together are a little tough. The chances of losing the small cartridges will keep my durability rating lower than 5.
Also, the 3 stars for durability is related to a design "flaw". The wire from the pen and the bottom of the book are constant fighting for space. To turn the page, without possibly bending the page, requires you to hold the wire down so it doesn't interfere with the page. Easy enough for an adult to do, however my 5 year old doesn't remember to hold the wire down all the time. 50% of all of our pages have creases in the bottom of the pages...all in the same spot!
on December 31, 2002
O.K so the story isn't great but it is well geared to it's target audience. The book is fun, and the games are great. The games seem to concentrate on developing good listening skills which as any parent knows this is a great skill to develop! This book also has a memory section and quite a complicated game where the kids have to answer questions by pressing A,B,or C. For this game they have to focus hard on remembering the question and which answer applies. Although it is well hidden from the kids the book is very educational and a whole heap of fun.
on January 20, 2003
Befoe getting this book, my son did not know who scooby doo was. He has never seen the cartoon. However, he loves this book and now he loves scooby doo! He's only 4 and has no problem following the story or the directions. It's a great book!