Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: '80s Pop Hits
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

I have mixed feelings about this 3-CD set after having bought this and another Sony 3-CD collection, "Greatest Hits of the 80's."
CHEERS: Only one of these songs failed to crack the Top 40 ("Love My Way" by the Psychedelic Furs). All but six of these songs went Top 10 and half of them were million-sellers; in addition, fourteen of these went to No. 1. This is nearly three hours of classic tracks from the video age along with a few guilty pleasures. [Despite the non-stop bashing Wham! received in the rock press, I still enjoy "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."]
JEERS: This collection was released within months of another 80's collection by Sony which I also purchased: Greatest Hits of the 80's. These two collections obviously are targeting the same audience, yet nine of these songs are on both collections. Why the overlap?
The bottom line? At the price, this is a super collection of some of the major hits of the decade. My original plan was to use this collection as a source for burning my own 80's CDs, but this is terrific all by itself. RECOMMENDED
Mmmm mmm mmm. What can I say? This CD set is three CDs containing forty great 80s pop hits. It has a lot of top songs, but they are not the overplayed New Wave hits that you hear on the radio and on too many other 80s collections. It's got All Cried Out and Shining Star and Key Largo - good solid tunes that you can listen to over and over again.

I really like this set. Swapping between the CDs allows for hours of great listening. I love this set and highly recommend it!
on July 27, 2004
Music fan -- this isn't the 80's you remember because it's obviously a collection of more obscure, light pop hits, which I can tell by looking at the first 3 songs of disc 1... I give this compliation 4 stars, if light 80's pop is what you're looking for. There are a lot of great songs on these 3 CDs, not that I personally care for all of them, but a few of my all-time favorites are included on here (Rosanna, Let's Hear It For The Boy, Talking In Your Sleep, Footloose, Who Can It Be Now?). I recommend this to anyone who really misses the 80's and already has all of the superhits collections... sometimes it's good to remember the little details of a decade as well as the huge stuff that made it famous! :)
on March 5, 2013
There are 40 songs total on 3 CD's, Featuring music from 1980 through 1989, many different groups and individuals. Love the song selections that were picked for these 3 CD's, Toto, Wham, Marvin Gaye, Michael Bolton, Reo Speedwagon, Dan Hill, Luther Vandross, Cheap Trick, Bad English, Bangles, Warrant, and many more artists, love the music of the 80's......listen to these 3 CD's often.
on October 6, 2012
There were a lot of songs in here that I have had on other collections, but then the computer died and none of that was backed up. So this helped get those back. It also gave me some of the harder to find hits, plus songs that I could never remember the title to and only could hum the melody and totally forgot the words to. So I am happy with this purchase.
on February 5, 2016
I've purchased 80's collections over the years. This huge 3 CD / 40 song collection full of hits only costs $12...and you can download or stream it immediately on your smartphone and computer while waiting for the CDs to arrive! It has some hits that were previously hard to find. It also has so many great songs that I had forgotten about: "Stop To Love", "You're A Friend Of Mine", "Break My Stride", "Leader Of The Band", "Wishing Well", "Shining Star", "How 'Bout Us", "Every Time You Go Away" and the list goes on...

I really enjoy 36 of the 40 songs, so buying this collection for only $12 (no shipping cost with Prime) and getting it in two formats (MP3 & CD) was a no-brainer and saved me the time of having to rip the CDs into MP3s myself. Check out the play list, which allows you to sample each song. There are a number of songs that I didn't recognize by title until I sampled them. If you're a fan of 80s pop music, I strongly recommend picking up this collection.
on February 16, 2012
I loved it from beginning to end. I found myself singing and dancing along with this CD. I was able to hear the music I love by the 'Original' artists without having to buy their CDs for 1-2 good songs.
on December 26, 2014
Some great hits in this collection, and they are all the original hits. I hate those "hits" CD's that have terrible remakes that don't sound anything like the original recording. This has the "Good Stuff".
on June 29, 2013
IT'S KIND OF MILD TO MODERATE , IT HAS A COUPLE OF GOOD SONGS LKE TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART , AND EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY ,KIND OF MELLOW TOO ! GET T AND USE IT AS BACKGROUND MUSIC IF YOU HAVE TO I RECOMMEND IT , AND REMIND YOU IT'S KIND OF MELLOW , I RECOMMEND T !!
on August 13, 2013
CDs arrived promptly and in good shape. For the rest it is purely subjective. I found that only a few of the songs were to my taste. There is nothing wrong with this music. The sound quality is good, but I don't care for most of the songs. It was my mistake in not adequately previewing my purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse