Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on August 7, 2012
I am a grad student in engineering so I take a lot of notes including math and things that don't alway fit in the lines. This paper is great for all uses. The lines aren't too dark and it scans well. I honestly do not care about the reinforcement aspect as much as the fact that it is pretty heavy weight paper, at least for filler paper.

Every note I take (both sided if it matters) I put through a feed scanner at the end of the week and this always hold up well.

It can be a bit expensive, especially compared to plain white paper, but you can find it at good (enough) prices and if you write on both sides, 100 sheets lasts a while.

My only real complaint is that I wish the reinforcement strip didn't say "Five Star" everywhere. It should just be clear! That is why I docked it a star (Ironically, I therefore rate "five Star" paper as only four stars)
33 comments62 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
"Kids love the reinforced paper but every time I have tried this brand, at least a quarter or more of the sheets have the bottom hole un-punched."

My rebut: I ordered ten packs. Out of the one thousand pieces of paper that I received, none of them had a missing hole punch.

"I bought four realms of paper. Two realms had no visible lines on the front side only the backside."

My rebut: Again, I ordered ten packs. None of them are missing lines, reinforced plastic, or any hole punches.

"The reinforce plastic is very weak. Very disappointed."

My rebut: The video is clear evidence that these papers aren't "very weak." On top of the reinforcement, the papers themselves are fairly thick and durable. They aren't low-quality.

"Don't buy this paper. It is NOT standard 8 1/2 x 11, as they claim. It is 8 x 10 1/2. What a waste of money."

My rebut: That's completely false. This is the only review that made me skeptical as to whether or not I should buy this item. As shown in the video and the product description, the paper is clearly 8 1/2 in x 11 in.
55 comments87 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2008
I don't know what the deal is with teenage boys, but binders look like war zones with crumpled, half torn and tattered pages. This is the answer!!! The reinforcement is like plastic tape along the edge, through which the holes are punched. Genius!!! And there are 100 sheets, not 75 as the reviewer below mistakenly reports. The wide ruled has 110 sheets. Both qualify as 75 points in the Mead promotion.
11 comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
I enjoy writing on paper that lays completely flat on the writing surface. This paper curls up along the reinforced edge. It does not lay completely flat. This is extremely annoying to me and outweighs the benefit of the reinforced edge.
review image
on September 1, 2012
I used bargain paper in my flex binders and it immediately began to rip and fall out, making me remember why I did not use binders last time I was in school. A friend recommended this and I will never go back. Yes it costs a lot more than the .99 cheap stuff but it is worth my not having to put stickies all over my papers and waste time and aggravation. I grumble at the cost every time I buy it, but I cannot bring myself to go back to bargain paper. I intend to save all my notes so it is important to me to make sure that the paper I use is quality.
on May 16, 2014
As a college student working toward an accounting degree, I use a lot of filler paper in my binders. This one is by far my favorite! The paper is of a heavier weight than others I have used, so my pencil does not tear through it and it is able to hold up to a lot of erasing without wearing through.

The reinforced holes was the main selling point for me, though. I find myself losing pages over time, with other paper. This stuff, I have actually tried to rip it from my binder and was unsuccessful!

Very happy with this purchase, and would suggest it to anyone.
on April 28, 2012
pretty much necessary for a college student taking a lot of hand-written notes...

regular paper just rips out of binders instantly -- disorganizing your entire semester. Definitely recommend these to keep a tidy notebook for a LONG time. Mine have even lasted years in storage being thrown around in a box.

5-star is a little overpriced when Staples makes their own brand.
VINE VOICEon May 28, 2014
My high school aged child insisted on this brand of paper after the cheap beginning of school year paper I bought kept ripping in her binders. I never thought there would be much difference in the paper (other than the lines being crisper.) But there IS a difference. So we will be buying this again, and probably from Amazon as we could not find it anywhere locally.
on July 12, 2015
Yes, it costs more. Yes, the packages contain fewer sheets. But I want - scratch that, I NEED - my notes to stay organized at all times. I'm a chemical engineering student and some classes, I'll use 7-8+ sheets for notes in one day. I buy this in bulk when it goes on sale.
Why's it so great? First, there's a strip of strong plastic attached to the outermost left margins of every page. The three holes are placed through the page where the plastic reinforcing strip is. Also, this paper is slightly higher-quality. It's heavier, thus making it thicker. It takes work (or scissors or opening the binder) to remove these pages from the rings by just pulling.

The weight/thickness of the paper is close to that of 20 pound copy paper. I work hundreds of long, complicated problem sets, and this paper is up for the task of the huge numbers of erasures I make while doing homework.

It comes in wide- and college-ruled, as well as graph paper. I've used them all for years, and I've NEVER torn one hole from this brand of paper. It's wonderful, I highly recommend you give it a try.
on March 17, 2012
If your kids are like mine filler paper gets torn loose constantly. Backpacks become bottomless pits of loose paper. Not with this stuff. Worth the extra money.