Aerobie Pro Ring - Single Unit (Colors May Vary)
Color Name: AssortedSize Name: 13"Change
Price:$8.58 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 12, 2006
This disc is too much fun. My family has a great time with this disc every time we use one. It does not take much to send this disc flying FAR so you have to be careful where you're aiming. We learned the hard way that you should avoid playing near water as it carries with the wind and goes and GOES... Everyone should have one of these!
on July 14, 2007
The Aerobie Pro 13" is one of the coolest throwing devices around. I'm sure everyone remembers them being popular in the 90's and for some reason they kinda dropped off the map...i have no idea why. I tried to pick one up in Vancouver, BC and had a huge problem finding one so I picked it up off amazon.

So this thing is capable of flying extremely far distances with only the smallest amount of energy put into the throw. Really hard to describe how amazing and superior this thing over a frisbee. Pick one up and you'll see what you're missing!!
on April 4, 2011
Color Name: AssortedSize Name: 13"
I had one of these when I was much younger. My first throw went about 500 feet and I lost it. I still remember seeing it travel over the top of some phone lines at the end of a football field (I started on the opposite side) and watching it just keep going. I'm 39 now and my girlfriend and I bought one today and took it to the park since we finally had some sun. What fun! It goes very far with little effort. The ring shape makes it easy to catch. If it's not flying level you just give it a gentle bend up or down to correct. I never liked Frisbee's since the solid disc was hard to catch for me. This is well worth your time and money. I'd only stress as all reviews do, this will travel great distances with little effort. It might be a good idea to bring two in case it one gets away from you. Oh and I don't think it would be good for dogs to catch. Their teeth would likely crack the spine on the first catch.
on August 7, 2003
Color Name: AssortedSize Name: 13"
I bought an Aerobie flying ring about 7 years ago, and it was unbelievably fun. In the hands of a skilled thrower, these things fly straight and true, and FAR. My friend and I stood on opposite corners of two adjacent CANADIAN football fields, and we were frequently throwing the ring over each other's heads!
However, when I bought a new one earlier this summer, I was disappointed. The black plastic core is very brittle. After only a couple of tosses, after it had flown into the ground or a fence roughly (which is inevitable), the black ring which acts as the ring's "backbone" broke in several places. While the ring still flies as if it was intact, this makes the ring impossible to adjust. It should be noted that the Aerobie ring I bought years ago was orange in color, and the new one was pink (I think the new one is a "Pro" version or some such thing). If you can find the regular orange ring, it should be fine.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Aerobie rings are awesome as for distance, though you have to have good control. Otherwise, you may find it leaves your neighborhood.

It's good for kids when learning, because it will still fly if they flub the toss.

They don't hold up to UV and weather really well. A year in the backyard and the plastic is faded and brittle. YMMV, but it should last a long time if you bring it in when you're done with it.

Be advised that while the image shows a three-pack, you get only one. They're a little pricey, but not too bad if you're expecting it.
on June 3, 2008
This is by far the best frisbee I know of. One little warning to anyone who has never owned or thrown an Aerobie before: these things fly FAR. I mean FAR. Whenever I throw it with someone who has never thrown it before, I literally train them to throw it softly because even a soft throw will make one of these things travel 100ft. Another reason I train people is because I've had 2 of these in the past and I've lost both of them. And I didn't throw either one when it got lost. People see this thing and think it's just another standard frisbee, so they throw it as hard as they can and it gets lost.

I have adopted a unique throwing method that makes flights straighter and more accurate, but slightly harder to throw long distances. I kind of fling it off of my index finger (I'm right handed). I throw my wrist forward and then right when it's about to fly off my finger I snap my wrist back. It's easier to show it than describe it. Maybe I'll submit a video review of this method. The snapping my wrist back part kind of evolved naturally if you will. I didn't think of the idea of doing it. I started throwing my wrist forward and before I knew it I was snapping it back.

Anyway, this frisbee can be kind of tricky to learn to throw straight because it's a ring. I learned it pretty quickly. This thing offers a good workout if you throw it hard. If you throw it hard, I strongly recommend that you and your throwing partner are in a BIG field. To put that in context, a football field is too small. Aerobie's travel way farther than any standard frisbee disk.

I haven't had any issues with the backbone breaking or cracking or anything like that. The only thing I noticed is they are kind of tricky to catch at first because the frisbee hits your hand and bounces off of it. I also have a method for catching it that mayble I'll make a video of and post.

A few more things. Don't throw an Aerobie near water unless you can throw it very accuratly. As it says on the frisbee itself, Aerobie's don't float. Another thing is an Aerobie won't be too likely to damage something that it hits if you throw it inaccurately because it'll bounce harmlessly off most things.

Overall, this is a very good frisbee. Just remember, it flies very FAR. If you don't believe the thing about the Guiness World Record for farthest thrown object, just throw it hard once and you will instantly believe it.
on November 2, 2009
Verified Purchase
The Aerobie isn't something you should get if you only have a parking lot or a street to play with it in. You need a soccer field, or maybe even two. That's how far it goes. My favorite thing is that you can throw it with very little effor at all, and it will float up. I gave it four stars, because let's just say this isn't something you want to play ultimate frisbee with... unless the touchdown is in a different state.

Cheers!
on May 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
To classify this as a frisbee does it a disservice and is misleading. This is a whole new device that uses similar throwing techniques but the experience is completely different.
I was never much of a frisbee thrower, they would always catch a wind and veer in different directions, the lip was weird to let go of at the right time, I could go on and on. I know some folks are great at frisbee, but not me.
There are those feel that if a sport or activity is not difficult then it's not rewarding. Stay away from this if that's your motto, this is easy.
This device has single-handedly made every frisbee ever made obsolete recycle material. Instead of working against you, it works in your favor.
The first time I threw it the Pro 13 flew across 2 adjacent baseball fields behind my house and would've continued were it not for a fence.
You have to learn to take it easy and forget everything you've learned throwing a frisbee. Don't throw it too hard or you might not get it back.
I'm ordering 2 more right now because my 20 yr old son was by today so he has to have one and I need a backup. My 6 and 7 yr old son and daughter caught on pretty quick also.
The frisbee has evolved.
on September 8, 2003
Color Name: AssortedSize Name: 13"
I play Aerobie regularly and all of the new disks I have played with have broken within just a few hours of throwing. I have an old one bought 5+ years ago and the core ring is still intact though the rubber is degraded and in some places detached from the the core. The old ones were 100 times more durable than the new ones, lasting years not days! Does SuperFlight, Inc. think they can make more money by scrimping on materials and making a disposable product with an expected life span of under a week?
If you want durability, buy a Frisbee! If you want to pay $1 per throw in broken ring replacement costs, the Aerobie is for you. ;-(
on January 11, 2012
Color Name: AssortedSize Name: 13"Verified Purchase
The Aerobie Pro Ring is a fun disc. It generally flies very straight and very true if you throw it correctly. Throwing it correctly is not hard.

It also flies FAR. So, make sure you have ample room, such as a field. We tried playing with one near our house on a 1 acre lot and it got stuck on the roof quickly.

Later, I took my 10-14 year old kids to a football field to throw it, and we were regularly getting 50 yards on modestly powered throws. An adult throwing the ring with full effort can easily achieve 70-100 yards of distance.

Also, chasing the disc while it's flying towards you provides good exercise.

This disc makes "frisbees" fun again! Buy one! Find a field! And, have fun!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations