Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Step2 Motorcycle
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2004
Our dare devils LOVE their motorcycles!! We ordered two, one for our 2 yr old and one for our 3 yr old. They both have a blast racing up and down our driveway. This toy flies, and goes much faster downhill than any toy we have had. We have not had an issue with stability as stated in other reviews. It is important to consider toys for children, not always by age, but individual development. Great toy, thanks step 2!!
on January 4, 2007
This bike is one of the few ride-on bikes on this US market. It is the perfect size for my 25-month old. The biggest minus for this product is that the front wheel does not swivel so you cannot steer the wheel. It also can be little wabbly, but my son was able to get used to it quickly and is able to keep his balance on it (indoor only so far). Turning around the corner is the biggest challenge.
on January 18, 2013
I had my reservations about buying this product after reading a few negative reviews, but I can honestly say now that this toy is a heck of a deal, especially for the price. We bought it for my 2-year-old son for Christmas and assembled it on Christmas Eve. It took him a few days to completely get the hang of it, and now he zooms around our house like a little speed demon!

The motorcycle was a cinch to assemble, even if the directions weren't perfect. It is durable and sturdy once put together. The stickers seem to be holding up fine after about a month. We do keep it inside only. The motorcycle can hold a LOT of weight. My 100lb 11-year-old has ridden on it with my 2-year-old (it's a very tight fit, and her knees are on the ground, but they still have fun). My son's 3-year-old friend also rides double with my son. They have a blast.

As some reviewers have mentioned, the front wheel does not turn. The handlebars are just to hold onto, not to steer. The fact that the front wheel does not turn is extremely helpful for my son because he is too young to understand how to steer. Right now he just slides the front of the bike in whatever direction he wants to go. This is perfect for teaching him the beginning basics of steering, and it also prevents a lot of crashes because he can lean on the handlebars without worrying about them suddenly veering one way or the other.

This motorcycle is teaching my son balance. He has crashed a few times, but what kid hasn't? And the crashes are much fewer now that he's gotten the hang of it. I have a feeling his balance will be much better once he starts riding a real 2-wheel bike.

I cannot say enough good things about this motorcycle. Such a great toy at such a phenomenal price.
on January 21, 2016
My 4 year old and 2 year old LOVE this motorcycle. They love the push and ride toys and this is the perfect height. We bought it for our 2 year old initially, and he loves it- but they trade off between this and the trike- and like I said, it's the perfect size for our 2 year old, and our 4 year old fits it perfectly too- so I love that our 2 year old will get at least 2 more years out of this. It was outside mostly all fall, and the wheels have held up great. It was pretty easy to put together. It's LOUD to put together- We put it together the night before our son's birthday, and you have to POUND the wheels together so we feared we'd wake him up. I recommend doing this when they are out of the house or if they are heavy sleepers, that's fine, but putting the wheels on is a loud ordeal :)
on May 16, 2016
Just got this for my two year old for his birthday. He LOVES it! I definitely agree with the reviews that this will help teach him balance and prepare him to ride a bike, just from how he's doing so far!
Side note - I couldn't find anything online about the maximum weight limit for this bike, so an FYI for anyone who may be curious, the manual states that the max weight limit is 50 lbs. Although I'm sure it would withstand higher weights for a while.
on December 30, 2015
This is a nice little push ride toy, but I gave it 3 stars because it tends to fall over, or tip easily when getting off. It is not as solid as I thought it would be. It does seem to allow for easy push away, the wheels move easily along but feel the plastic mold of the bike could have been a little more substantial. Not a lot of busy decals.

This was purchased for an average size 2 yr old, not a tall 2 yr old, and the height was just right. I don't see this being a good fit in 9 mos. I would not buy this for a 3 yr old, would be way too small.
on August 3, 2006
I bought this for my 2yr old grandson for his birthday so he could have a motorcycle like his Grandma. He LOVED it! The wheels are wide enough to keep it from tipping and it's light enough and just the right size to throw in the car to take along. He has to make his own "motor noise", but that's a plus in my book. No batteries to replace or noises to annoy! Also his very tall 3 1/2 year old brother can ride it comfortably, so I look for it to last a long time.
on May 11, 2014
I purchased this motorcycle for my son since his daycare has them and he loves to ride them there. However, the one we purchased, the back wheel does not spin and keeps getting stuck making it difficult to ride. In fact, it causes my 2.5 year old son to tip over. Step 2 customer service is giving me the run around and will not replace my defective motorcycle. Very disappointing. It's useless.
on November 15, 2015
Hours of enjoyment are had on this cool little motorcycle at daycare that we had to get it for home too. Our 1.5 yr old has been riding these for months and doesn't get tired of it. He is so excited when we talk to him about 'moto cycle ride' and he zooms on it. It says it's for ages 3 and up but I honestly think that is too old. If your kid is running around they are probably big enough to ride this. No balance necessary just kick push the legs to propel forward. So much fun.
on July 8, 2013
We spent the summer at granddads house in Europe where they had something similar. He loved it. So I bougth one here. It is a JOKE. The parts don't fit and the screws are made of misformed plastic and the instructions are horrible. I am very very angry not at the $30 lost but at the fact that they sell such cheap garbage.