Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 22, 2005
The recommended age for See 'n Say is 18 months, but we bought it anyway. Our seven-month old recently started enjoying animal noises we'd make for him. I tried this toy for him in the store and was greeted with the same smile and giggle we got from quacking like a duck for him at home. He is probably far from learning how to pull the handle himself, but we do it for him and he watches with delight. Each night, we read him a few stories before bed and we use See 'n Say the Farmer Says as if it were a book. We hold it in front of my son and pull the handle a few times to hear animal sounds and he thinks he just heard a fabulous tale.

This toy has a half ring that can be flipped back and forth to display different animals. There are 16 animals, which are named and make their individual sounds when the handle is pulled. There is also a song sticker that plays Old MacDonald had a Farm or The Farmer in the Dell. And there is a quiz sticker that asks you to find the animal based on the name of the animal or its sound. The farmer is on an arrow in the middle and you point it toward whichever sticker you want and then pull the handle.

I only have two minor complaints with this toy. The handle sometimes sticks on the way back up and makes a soft grinding sound. Also, the volume is a bit loud and there is no volume control button. Overall, it's a great toy.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2004
This toy is great! Does 16 different animals sounds. Sings Old McDonald through one time. Each time using a different animal name and sound, of the 16 animals. A quiz mode to find the animal that makes a certain sound. The handle is easy to pull, for a 2 yr old anyway. He imitates the animal sounds. It uses batteries, so it sounds a lot better than the standard see n' say. The batteries have lasted long in it, 3AA.
on December 3, 2007
I am not sure what is going on with this toy and the companies that are selling it through Amazon. This toy, made by Fisher-Price is a $10 item. You can get it from ToysRUs, Target, Walmart, etc. I don't know why it is selling for so much more ($80-$90 range). I have e-mailed the two companies selling this item, B&H Outlet and Wizard Entertainment to find out why it is so expensive. I am still awaiting a reply. I would hate for someone to pay so much for such a simple toy; although, I would like to think no one would.
on May 30, 2008
Was looking for the same toy I grew up with but this one was half in size and not loud at all. Hearing the sounds are a big problem. Did not hold the childs attention well at all. Very disappointing. F-P could have made this one better - potentially taking safety too far and overiding the performance factor.
on December 11, 2006
We bought this for my daughter after remembering how much we liked it when we were kids! But it's not the same... instead of pulling a string, there's a lever that is too hard for my daughter to pull. And the sound is terrible! It's muffled, loud, and they talk too fast for her to say it with them. Thumbs down from me.
on December 30, 2005
This is a bad replacement for the classic! It uses batteries so the lever is useless. It does nothing but make the sounds unaudible with extra rumbling. It doesnt need the extra page because the extra animals on the other page, the song, and the quiz are all unrecognizable. The reduced size is a plus, but the handle is hard to pull for my 2 year old. So no sounds come out since the handle didnt get pulled correctly. I remember the classic being a much better toy because it would play on all pulls, the sounds were great, and the size was perfect for laptop play. Blah, for $10 it was not worth it!
on August 19, 2004
I bought this for our grandson Ian a few months ago. Its so cute and really does teach a small child a lot about animals. Very clear, easy to handle and operate and bright colored which I think is important to small children. Its a great buy and will provide hours and hours of entertainment for a small child. A must have. I liked it so much that I pre-ordered the new ABC one for another grandson.
on July 2, 2007
I bought this toy for my daughter thinking it would be something like the animal noise toy (pull-the-string type - which is probably not considered safe anymore) a lot of people of my generation had when we were little. It isn't, and it also does not work well. The lever is far too difficult for a child to pull, and it makes so much noise when pulled that you can't hear the animal sound it triggers! Terrible design, poor quality, awful sound. It isn't even cheap -- but not worth it even if it was!
on April 12, 2007
Well, the item got to me really quick. That's great for Toyzz. But OH MAN! I just threw away 30 bucks. The quality is not at ALL what you'd expect from FisherPrice. I can't believe they actually let this piece of plastic garbage get out of the factory! You can hardly understand what the farmer is saying, it's very warbled. The sound is atrocious. All you can hear is a vague representation of the animal the pointer is pointing to. I grew up with the original and I am saddened to learn this is what has taken it's place. DON'T BUY IT.
on December 13, 2007
my 15 month old loves this toy, esp. the song. HOWEVER--this is a $10 or less toy! Not sure what's going on with amazon or these vendors, but several other toys' prices are way off (bounce n spin zebra, for example). BUYER BEWARE!