Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml
Size: 0.28-Ounce, 100-MlChange
Price:$3.18+Free shipping (Addon item)
Your rating(Clear)Rate this item


There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

27 of 29 people found the following review helpful
on April 10, 2011
I'm new to the betta experience but did heavy research before I bought one..I wanted to give my fish a variety of food..So I bought these blood worms as a snack a couple of times of week.. So I put them in 1 by 1(only 2) and he gobbles them up with no problems. I also want to mention that this has a heavy allergy alert,so be advised..I use tweezers to put them in so I don't use my hands.. My betta goes crazy for these,it's like chocolate for women :) Just remember this is a snack,not a daily food rotation..2 to 3 times a week max feeding these blood worms.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
24 of 27 people found the following review helpful
on November 16, 2012
All I can say is that my daughter's fishes love this freeze dried bloodworms! You could see them searching for more after eating it in 2~3 minutes.

Here are the list of the fishes:
- 4 Fancy Guppies
- 6 Neon Tetras
- 2 Red Cap Oranda

Note: This is not an everyday food for the fish, just 2~3 times a week as per can. And there's also a warning about allergies. So if your an allergic person, please do more research before buying this type of fish food.

"FOR ADULT USE ONLY *** KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN - WARNING: ALLERGY ALERT! THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS INSECT LARVAE WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION IN SOME INDIVIDUALS. IF SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIC REACTION OCCUR (SUCH AS HIVES, ASTHMA, WHEEZING, RED OR IRRITATED EYES OR SKIN, RUNNY NOSE OR SNEEZING), DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. AVOID ALL USE IF SYMPTOMS REOCCUR. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA, HIGH FEVER OR ARE KNOWN TO BE ALLERGIC TO INSECT LARVAE. HOBBYISTS AND HEAVY USERS SHOULD USE SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS NOT TO TOUCH OR BREATH DUST OF PRODUCT. CALL 1-800-526-0650 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. HEAVY USERS CAN POTENTIALLY BECOME SENSITIZED TO THIS PRODUCT."
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
12 of 13 people found the following review helpful
on May 30, 2013
These are a good food source, and fish love them, but the process that Tetra uses for these Bloodworms is known to cause severe allergic reactions. If you don't believe me, just type it into Google there are several cases of people being rushed to the hospital due to the allergic reaction of this product.

I have had this happen to me, several other manufacturers do not put a warning on their bloodworms, and I have had no problems with them, but this product has a WARNING on the label for a reason!

Now you know, be careful with this product!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
on April 26, 2012
These Bloodworms are great and not all squished like the ones you typically see at fish stores. I bought them for my fire bellied newts and so far they love them! One great aspect of these bloodworms is that they do not cloud the water if your creatures don't eat them like pellet food does. Also they are extremely healthy for your fish/newt/pet so try these out and you wont be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload pictures as well so you can see the size.
review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
on August 10, 2012
these bloodworms were devoured by my betta fish the very first time I put them into the tank.

I would recommend only four/five at a time until the fish eats all of them up. Otherwise, the fish seems to ignore the excess.

My ghost shrimp also like these type food. Some even lift themselves to the water level (12 inches) to snag one off the top.

I will definitely keep buying these.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
on March 10, 2012
I have a 30 gallon tropical community tank with gouramis and mollies. They love these worms! and I get out of touching live ones (yuck!) I have not had an allergic reaction, but my sister did. She uses a cheap pair of tweezers to feed them if I am not home.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
on December 10, 2012
My beta ADORES eating these!
He practically jumps out of the water to attack them.
Easy to feed, quantity lasts a long time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
on February 18, 2013
I thought this would be a nice treat for my fish.

Unfortunately, my fish are 2 medium sized Oscars.

Don't get me wrong, they loved this product. However they are so large that it was a huge hassle for them to eat and they made short work of this container. And this issue is no fault of the company.

The only complaint I had was that when it got to me about half the container was crushed tiny bits almost borderline dust. These pieces were way too small for really any fish to eat so once the full-sized ones were gone I had to throw the rest away.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on December 6, 2014
Not for betas or for me.
First: The package was almost impossible to get open. It has a push down child proof top with a foil seal underneath so the top wouldn't push down. I pried it off. Then the foil had no pull tab so I scraped it up with my nail (ruined my polish). Finally when the foil pulled off, dried worms flew everywhere.
Second: The product is disgusting.
Third: My beta hated this. He tried to take a bite but it was too big for his mouth. I cut some more into tiny pieces - he took one bite and spit it out. This is the first time I have ever had to try to remove uneaten food from the tank. Now it looks like I'll have to charge the water.
Fourth: This was a waste of money since my guy was still hungry. He gobbled up his Aqueon pellets.
This is just a poor product all the way around. I would never purchase this product again and would warn all beta "owners" to stay away.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on March 31, 2013
My betta fish loves these. But a warning do not feed a betta these very often and not to many at a time. It can give them terrible bloat.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See all 7 answered questions


Send us feedback

How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Let us know here.