Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: Face Paint SetChange

on June 23, 2011
This is a fantastic face paint set! The paint goes on smooth and has excellent coverage. The colors that come with this set are perfect for almost any image. I bought this to do face painting at my daughter's birthday party and it was perfect! I tried out other sets from Wal-Mart and the party store which didn't cover very well at all. This paint stays on well and dries fast! The set also comes with brushes and sponges so you have everything you need. If you're going to do face painting, I highly recommend buying this set!!!
0Comment161 of 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2013
It took a little getting used to the paints, but I quickly got the hang of it. I used a water bottle to dampen the paints. I also bought some paint brushes at Hobby Lobby so I could do some detail work. The black came out stark black, and the other colors came out just as I wanted. I toned down some colors by mixing in some white. Next year I plan to buy a little painter's palette for a buck to use, but this year I just used the plastic housing of the paints to mix. She was a nature fairy and will post a photo here. The detail on her neck and cheek with some vivid colors is amazing with this set. The blending was not too difficult, but I noticed if I waited too long, I ended up blotching the color or even ended up wiping some off. I also used cosmetic sponges and those worked nicely, though they did sap up some paint. I liked the result better. Though with more practice I am sure it will not be as mottled in at the start when using the sponges the kit comes with.
review image review image
33 comments80 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2010
This product definitely lived up to it's description as a professional-grade face paint! I'm a professional face painter and was able to paint almost 100 faces at an event recently..The paint goes on smooothly with great coverage and I highly recommend it and the seller! (who provided super-fast shipping)
0Comment59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2010
Great Price - Great Product. Used to paint kids faces at a birthday party, (around 30 kids) and still have enough paint left over to do two or three more parties of that size.
0Comment62 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
I'm not a professional face painter, i just wanted to try my hand at it for my son's 5th bday party. It worked out perfect. I read reviews about some of them coming dried up and i noticed it when it came in the mail, but they are supposed to be dry.. you add water when you paint the kids faces. you wet the brush and then dip it in the colors and go to town. After about three different faces, i got pretty good at it. If you are a professional facepainter and want high quality large quantity stuff then obviously this isnt for you, but if you want to make your kids at your party excited then this is perfect. would highly recommend.
review image review image
11 comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
I decided to learn how to paint faces for a fun activity with my kids. The paints in this set are good but the tools are seriously lacking. The sponges are rough and the brushes suck. I've just been using art brushes and make up sponges and that works much better. I also recommend YouTube videos to learn how to apply. The little book is nice for ideas but it really helps to see how it's done
review image review image
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
This is REAL face paint. Not that cream stuff you get at the Halloween store. You add water & it turns into a liquid. A little goes a long way. Since it stays dry, I don't see it going bad any time soon. This was bought to made my daughter an Avatar for Halloween. It went on smooth, dried quickly, stayed through the evening, & washed off easily.
review image
11 comment21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
I bought two very nice sets for a school event (actually, the high end sets with the tray and 18 color wheel). I was very impressed with the quality of the paints. They spread very nicely, the colors remain intense after drying, they are very economical in the sense that a little goes a long way. I also used some of their glitter and their paint brushes, all of which worked great.

HOWEVER.

There is a non-profit online , safe cosmetics, that has produced a report about the safety of these paints. Please investigate on your own!

Snazaroo has responded on their website, but I remain a bit skeptical. They state 'hazardous materials are beyond classification limit'. In the second statement Snazaroo just says it adheres to the 'current legislative limits' for lead, nickel and cobalt.

I say take the nastiness out completely: I don't want it on my kid's face. LET'S ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION!
2626 comments316 of 385 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2015
This is the best face paint I've used.
review image
on March 10, 2012
This is the first time I have purchased face paints and I'm very pleased with the product. The application is smooth, the coverage is great and they wash off easily. I purchased a different brand (after these) in a store and they're horrible...weird smell, they smear, and NO coverage. Snazaroo is the way to go! Keep in mind that water is needed to use the paints...they are not ready to use as is. Although it says as much on the box, a few reviewers complained that the paints were dried out and they had to add water...just read and follow the directions and you'll be fine. I look forward to using these for a fundraiser next weekend.
review image review image review image