Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: white|Change
Price:$22.79+ $5.02 shipping

on December 5, 2012
I purchased a few of these sheets while I was redoing my kitchen. Since I did not want to use tiles again (and I am not the most handly of people) I decided it would be best and easiest to use these sheets. The sheets work perfectly. I used the mounting holes but I also used LiquidNails to get it on the wall. I had to use a dremmel to cut out outlet holes. The steel is rather thick and not cheap, it will use one dremmel ring per outlet hole. Stainless looks great, make sure you take the white plastic off as that is the steel side.

If you are looking to do a stainless backsplash the easy way, this is the way to do it. I will add pictures shortly.
on December 15, 2008
I'm glad I was able to purchase at a great discount since this backsplash is narrower(29 7/8")than the stove and did not include any mounting screws which surprised me. Manufacturer's product description could be more accurate. I expected it to be as wide as a standard sized 30" range.
on November 7, 2010
The packing is not sufficient to protect this dainty piece from damage. I expected this to be as it is described- a wall plate. More accurately, it is a wall skin. Very thin, easily bent, even more easily scratched. My item came pre bent on one corner, so I had to hide that corner behind the stove.

I installed mine with four screws at the corners, and used adhesive on the wall so it would not "move", as sheet metal can do when it gets hot, or while cleaning. The payback I got for doing so is a permanent reminder of the adhesive lines--which are visible at certain angles. The metal, being so darn thin, conformed to the glue lines as I was rolling the glue flat. Mind you, I was not using heavy pressure at all. The piece had already scratched once, leaving me with only one good side to use, so I was very careful to use light pressure rolling on the good side.

I recommend to anyone: Go buy a piece of thicker metal from a metal yard in your area. They exist, you just have to look for them. Have them cut it to the size you want, and paint it yourself. You'll be happier in the end than owning this floppy tin item.
on January 14, 2015
I got it for other purposes - I used it to line my fireplace with stainless steel. I got 2 24x30 and 2 24x36 pieces. The 24x36 came damaged: one has a dent (clearly made before it was packaged) and one had a bent corner. I ended up using them and tried to hide the defects as good as possible.

This is nicely polished ( I believe it is #4 finish), covered with protective plastic. For a backsplash you probably need to have a pretty straight wall, because it warps easily. In my case it looks fantastic. For me it was a relatively inexpensive way to purchase stainless steel sheet. It was a bit thinner than what I needed too (but it worked to my advantage as it bent easier), but I ended up cementing it to ceramic fiber board anyway, so it increased rigidity pretty well.
on September 27, 2010
I ordered this panel only to have it arrive irreparably bent at two corners. I returned it for a full refund and will seek out another backsplash. The product itself "is what it is" - a simple piece of stainless steel. The finish looked fine, but those wanting a sophisticated look at low expense will not find it here. The panel will require trimming along the edges to blend it in to surrounding cabinetry. Mounting will also require your own set of screws (and difficult to match the finish) and would entail using liquid nails to make sure the panel remains flush to the wall between stove top and cabinet bottom. Any warping will leave a gap between the wall and the panel.
on October 2, 2015
Love it, cleans easy and although it comes with 4 screw holes at the corners, I also applied a thin industrial strength double sided tape made by 3M. Caution: even though it was packaged properly, one of the corners had a dent that could have been smoothed using a rubber hammer. The dent could have occurred anywhere during the delivery process. Thankfully it's size allowed that corner to be hidden behind the range.
on July 17, 2014
The product is severely deformed when arrived
on November 21, 2010
What a bummer! This backsplash is NOT 30" wide, it's smaller, so you can see the wall on each side of the backsplash after installation. Luckily, I dry fit it first and discovered this, so I was able to return it to the store where I bought it. It should come with some kind of molding or trim to cover this, otherwise it looks ridiculous. Other than that, the item was a nice and inexpensive solution.
on December 15, 2014
I received this order awhile back and we got around to hanging it tonight. We pulled out the stove and had the liquid nails ready to go. The product comes with a thick white plastic covering the side that will face out. I peeled back each corner near the screw holes in order to avoid unnecessary fingerprints while installing it. (Hint: Do not do this. Peel it all off first.) So we dry hung it, marked the holes, and drilled pilot holes. Then we liquid glued the back, hung it, and I held it in place while my husband drilled it in.

So, excited for the reveal, we removed the white plastic and immediately noticed a deep black scratch near the top. (Thus my hint of peel off the plastic first.) We quickly tried rubbing the scratch off but it was embedded. No idea what it is, but the white plastic had a black backing, so I think it may have been scratched in? Fortunately, the liquid glue wasn't on its A game, so we unscrewed it, pulled it off the wall, and flipped the piece. The scratch is covered by the stove now.

Others have noted this thing isn't precisely 30 inches. True story. We have about a quarter inch of wall on each side, and our space is exactly 30 inches from one cupboard to the next. So...this may bother you, it may not. I haven't determined if this bothers me yet. I think it'll be one of those house things that you notice when you DIY but no one else really notices or is just nice enough not to mention.

Overall, I'd say this is a decent backsplash for the price. Other places I looked has similar items in the same size for more than twice the price. And its certainly an easy piece to hang. Even with having to flip the piece over, it took us maybe 20 minutes.
on November 1, 2013
If you need a good yet reasonably priced backsplash behind your stove than this is the product you need.
Arrived well packaged and in perfect condition.
You need to purchase screws to install the wall shield as they do not come with the item.
Suggest using construction glue to get all sides to stay attached as only attaching screws on the four corners is not enough.
You may want to frame in the wall shield, but I did not find it necessary as the wall behind my stove was already painted.